Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been washing my face with distilled water mixed with l-ascorbic and absolutely love the results. I mix it daily in my hand....the results are astounding!
Now, the question, I have some renova. I want to start using this product also, but can i use this while using my vit. c face wash? not sure if you can combine use of renova while using the vit. c wash????
Thanks so much in advance for the answer
BTW.... I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!
peggym

·
Registered
115 Posts
Most people seem to be using a Vit C serum in the morning and a retinoid product at night. I've read that it is possible to layer them 30 min. apart, but I'm not sure *I* would want to do that given that they are both acids. Might be a little overload kwim?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the quick answer. I know I need to start out real slowly with the renova product, perhaps once every few days at first. I know that the results on using the renova are really impressive compared to the retin-a form;however, there is still a time to get your skin used to the product, but it is by far the best thing out there. I also love matrixyl3000 and idebenone, coq10.....
Have a wonderful day,peggym

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skin tone is more balanced, skin firmness, pores have almost completely closed up, wrinkles are way reduced. I don't even need makeup, my skin is so nice now. I do also use a combo of some serums i make and oil combo of seabuckthornnberry,rosehip seed oil, fractionated coc. oil,tamanu,evening primrose,ollive oil,avocado,macademia nut....with some various e.o.'s , one I use solely for scarring is helichrysm, palmarosa.....I love to make skincare. it is a passion of mine.
Hope this helps.... peggym

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the facial wash.. I don't rub it into my skin really, I actually kind of pat into my face, adding additonal distilled water, and also always use some kind of hydrosol mixture with some matrixyl 3000 as my toning right afterward to get my skin back to right p.h. balance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Peggy, you might be interested in this thread on smartskin care discussing C serum and retin products:
View topic - Ascorbic acid in the daytime - Smart Skin Care

Personally, I haven't seen any noticeable results from using C serums for 8 months or so. I started Tretinion in the last month and am hopeful about that. I'd like to experiment more with oils - sea buckthorn, and carrot seed particularly interest me.

Do you really think it was your C serum that made a difference in your skin, or perhaps a combination of serums, therapies? I'd be interested in what you put in your other serums if you feel like sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts