Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 19 and i have awful bags i dunno what is the cause of it all I know it's not genitic, i had it for nearly 2 years it looks like im on drugs or panda eyes, its that bad...

- How can I get rid of it? What was the cause of this? (Please do not tell me to use cucumbers, spoons, teabag, creams) - I have tried and it doesn't help i dont care about the puffiness i only care about the black thing, it really makes look like a crackfeine.

- Why is one side of my eye it is veiny, like purplish greenish, how come its shows on my skin? how do i get rid of this vein near my eye looks disgusting!

Please help guys and gurls

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If this is underneath your actual eye you could always try some sort of eye repair cream or serum and vitamin k tablets and getting plenty of sleep, eat well, drink water and live well really, might help too otherwise go and see your doctor!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm 19 and i have awful bags i dunno what is the cause of it all I know it's not genitic, i had it for nearly 2 years it looks like im on drugs or panda eyes, its that bad...

- How can I get rid of it? What was the cause of this? (Please do not tell me to use cucumbers, spoons, teabag, creams) - I have tried and it doesn't help i dont care about the puffiness i only care about the black thing, it really makes look like a crackfeine.

- Why is one side of my eye it is veiny, like purplish greenish, how come its shows on my skin? how do i get rid of this vein near my eye looks disgusting!

Please help guys and gurls
Gee, if none of the off-the-shelf things worked for you, maybe you should have a doctor take a look!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think fawnie is correct you should a doctor!!
I have seen a doctor he didn't do ****...? He just goes put some Vitamen cream on it and so I have and really does **** all, it looks like it made the bags even BLACKER so i stop using it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
LOL Katnip, I really like to see those bags !

If you are healthy and nothing is really wrong with you there is nothing a doctor can do. Actually they are supose to tell you it's normal. If you go to a dermatologist or a beauty salon they will help you, but they will suggest much the same as people here, vitamins and topical products like creams and serums.

In hard cases like yours, you really need to do things systematically and keep up your skin routine every day for about three months to get full effect of any treatment. It is a long time, but improvement should come gradually and be visible sooner.

Still, I suggest you take a multivitamin with Vitamin K just as a regular diet suplement. If you suspect you are low on this vitamin eat 3 times "daily recommended dosage" for a month or so, and then step down to regular dosage. There are some indication that lack of Vitamin D is not helping this type of problem either.

Most off-the-shelf products will not help this problem at all, there are a few that has showed themselfs to be effective, and who really (!!) will help. I know of only the Hylexin brand, but there are others and perhaps some have tried a good one that they can recommend.

The creams that has a chance of doing something for you are often very expencive and are based on actives that are available from do-it-yourself skin care sites.

I repeat:
Two of the most important ones are called Chrysin and Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone together with peptides like matrixyl or sea weed extracts WILL help the discoloration. Try these ingredients in an eye cream, they will work if the problem is "leaking" capillaries. They are not that expensive if you buy them online and add them to you an eye cream you like. Have the products you used contained these ingredients? There are just a few ingredients that targets this problem, and not that many of-the-shelf products available containing them.

If it is overproduction of melanin there are lots more you can try, but choose your ingredients with a specific aim, and then change your strategy if it does not work at all. The theory here is generally focused on protecting skin from sun, using ingredients that inhibits melanin production and that reverse damage cause from sun like age-spots.

Sleep at night, get some sun and exercise in fresh air every day.

Now here is something new:
There are many miracle stories from people who went on the "Dr. Perricone diet", with severe darkening around the eyes. People who had these problems since childhood got rid of them. I have seen some really dramatic before and after pictures. It is a diet where you focus on eating foods that are anti-inflamatory (salmon, walnuts, vegetables, Omega3, foods that rate low on the glycemic index) and stay away from foods that in the long run cause cronic inflamation in the body (foods high in sugar, processed foods, white flour, french fries, pizza). This is suppose to relieve a lot of skin problems and result in a healthier, younger appearence. I am in the process of adjusting my diet to Dr Perricones recommendations :) He also have lots of recomendations for skin care. He uses alpha lipic acid both as a food suplement and a skin care ingredient. It is all about getting tons of natural anti-oxidants and avoiding sugar and white flour.

Good luck Katnip :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well try the vit k and good diet, water, no alcohol and sleep well and if that dont work i cant say anthing else, sorry!

Iv always had under eye lines and bags from doing night shifts years ago, and leading a bad lifestyle unfortunatly i live with these now but however you could always invest in good eye cream, look at makeupalley and smartskincare for review!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
2blue what eye creams have these ingrendients in them though, personally i have always found it very hard to find good eye cream? very interesting though and i agree with products you have mentioned but however iv always found it very hard to find products with these things in them personally?

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you go to a store that has all the big brands like Elizabeth Arden, Este Lauder, Shiseido...and ask for these ingredients the sales person will probably find some for you. Personally I have only had samples of Hylexin and Dr Perricone's products, but never used them for a longer period of time because I have mostly focused on the do-it-yourself skin care sites the last two years. I think Body Shop has one though. I am convinced that the big names is a big hype, where we pay mostly for advertisment and the image of luxury and prestige which cost 10 times the actual ingredients. The active ingredients comes most often from laboratories and factories independent of the big cosmetic brands and are not exlusive to them. From Skinactives and Bulkactives you can buy tiny tubes with these ingredients and add them to any cream. There are several others and I buy from the sites that have the best offers. This has been my solution. It does cost a bit this too, and I find I experiment more then I would normally do. Though still, I am convinced I get the same stuff and often at a more potent streangth than in the stores, at a 1/4 or even 1/10 of the price.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
so where do you buy your products from 2blue im very interested for myself too as have to say that people like perricone seem to get mixed reviews jason beckett also seem to have good stuff but get mixed reviews, however im sure for people like me and may be katnip too clarins etc products do not have many active ingrendients in them and even when iv just looked at sites such as Borba they,r stuff seem to be good but do they really do anything for the skin??

Body Shop seems to put a lot of extra crap so to speak in there products!!

What sites should you be looking at for good products??

Apparently skin active products have parabens in them i know there is a bit of ho ha about this they do seem good though, any thought 2blue?

Sorry i know im going off topic here but for someone like me who is looking at getting products id love to get some info from you if poss as far as diying im in the UK so dont know if i can import stuff or what but so far most of these creams serums on these sights seem to be poo, even if you can pm this id appreciate it, thankyou so much!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know, there are lots of issues that are not ideal. I have yet to find the perfect solution and have all ways had to make compromises. I use some products with parabens because it is too much work to stay away from them 100%.

As mentioned I buy some products and actives online, and some creams and lotions at health food stores (Weleda, Dr. Haushka...).

Skinactives have parabens in all their creams I think, except something they call the "European Cream". Many of the separate actives are free of preservatives, all the dry ones are. If you pick and choose, and buy from different sources it is possible to stay paraben free. It is very difficult to be 100% perservative free if you want to combine atives.

I think Body Shop uses all the parabens (I really have to check their list of ingredients to be absolutely shore), L'Occitane say they have fewer, and stay away from the worst, but they are there.

There are a few of those local cosmetics store that make their own creams and lotions with out preservatives These creams don't last very long and have to be kept in the fridge. Your probably have one of these stores near you. These creams are often ideal for adding the separate actives. Sometimes you have to make a batch every week to keep it fresh, som last a few months. Some serums and ingredents will only last 5 days with out any preservatives. It is possible to use propolis as a preservative, it works well (some don't like the smell). Some use tea tree oil or different blends of essential oils in combination with grape fruit seed extract; than can work well too. There are very few off-the-shelf products in this category. There are some and it is possible to make your own.

There is a brand calle Aubrey that I belive is without any suspicous preservatives, and with lots of different actives. Dr. Hauskas and Weleda are very good, and could all ways be doctored with different ingredients.

I also buy from ebay.uk, a store called "foreveryoung". The seller has her own salon, and makes all her products with out artifical preservatives. I really like some of the products there. There is also a seller called "wintonhealthfoodsnaturalskincare", they have some good products.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks 2 blue i definatly appreciate all the help, i actually go into my health food store often so il ask thema bout this and i think dr haushka products are great, along with borba there ingrendients look good too and earth essentials, how anti aging moisturizing they are who knows but say for example instead of me buying my usual antioxident cream from clinique i buy online and make my own one up, do you just put a bit of each of the antioxident ingrendients into say an hychlouric acid, could be said for argirline and lipoic acid would that be good enough or is it more complex than this? Thankyou so so much this is def something im gonna look into for future reference!

Katnip you may want to look at site Mango Madness Skin Care - best moisturizers and anti-aging products for wrinkles and dry skin for eye creams etc iv never bought any of there stuff myself but the products ingrendients look great

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am far from an expert at making creams from scratch, but remember some ingredients are water soluble and others are oil soluble. If you have a base cream (any really) that contains both water and oils (most do), then almost any ingredient will blend just fine. Keeping all ingredients at roomtemperature is a must when mixing.

Serums are a bit more tricky, and I have found that they most often either are oil based or water based and the ingredients that are to be adde have to be acording to each.

It is posible that the ingredients will not blend, and the cream will separate. The mixture will still work just as well on your skin, but will not look as nice in the jar. Keep the jars and spoons you use as clean as possible. Glass and plastic can be sterilized in the micro-wave. If very small quantities are to be mixed, use a tooth pick or some thing like that. If you add a lot of different ingredients, the cream/lotion might no go as smooth on your skin as you want. Some creams can handle a lot of added stuff others not so much.

There are some ingredients that are not suppose to be mixed. Vitamin C and Retinol A are acids and go well togheter but will ruin some ingredients like peptieds, matrixyl and copper pepties (the Strivectin type ceams). It is safest to check this with every ingrediets to make shore that they will not react with each other and loose their active form. Vitamin C doesn't store very well, at least the form Cellex C uses, so make small batches of this (once a week or so). A safe thing to do is finding a cream you like and use it as a guide line and adjust the ingredients to your needs. Often you get a better cream than the original for a fraction of the price.

I learn something every time I try new ingredients or a new base, though the basic priciples are much the same for all creams.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks 2 blue im def gonna find out more info with making up my own products, obivously it is easier if you already have a base cream but from what you are saying im gonna guess that you cant always do this!

I dont think though you should mix vit c and ret together though!! I have heard mixture of good and bad things about copper peptides not sure if i wanna try these personally!

Thankyou for the info though very interesting!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts