Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I wanna hear everyone’s frustrations and try to find solutions for each other. I’ve been lightening for like three months now with 0 results. I’ve used my own mix of kojic acid, witch hazel and skin builders, nothing. I’ve mixed lemon glow with my personal mix, nothing. I’ve mixed Nature Secrete lotion with kojic acid and witch hazel and skin builders, nothing. The only product that ever worked for me is no longer being sold so there’s my problem. Kojie San Soap is super mild, doesn’t do much but even me out. For those who have gotten dramatic results, what have you done?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm here for this thread!! I've been on a loop since my staple products (g&g/ikb) that got me dramatic results have been discontinued. For the last six months, I Iet myself revert to give my skin a break and in june began using carowhite (because it seemed like the most reliable brand on this forum) and used it for a month but I was only getting darker and oranger so I stopped. It was such a complete waste of my time!! Now I'm not sure what direction to go in so I bought mercury filled dodo lotion at my time of weakness and been using it for the last three days.

It's soooo frustrating trying to find a reliable product and I don't want to compound. I guess I'm going to use dodo with caution then move on to using buy tubes of 4% HQ and RA from ADC and use that however theres such little information available about whether the 4% hq melalite works and actually makes a difference. But I'm running outta options and dodo isn't a long term product but I'm trying to get back to where I was before carowhite set me back. I miss just buying my products and knowing it'll work, now I have to go through the whole trial and error again and it's such a hassle!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started researching other ways to lighten. I read about glutathione on the forum but never gave it much thought because all those numbers of mg seemed overwhelming and confusing for me but I’m seeing girls get the results I want with it! I’m also discovering that it’s a natural detoxing treatment. Apparently it cleanses your liver and body toxins. My only concern however: most of the girls I see use it, have these weird splotchy dark marks on them. Can anyone explain what causes that? And also, the time frame is SUPER slow to get dramatic results on top of that so my question is: if Glutathione is nothing more than basically a cleanser, could I go on any cleanse and add natural creams to my daily regimen?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm here for this thread!! I've been on a loop since my staple products (g&g/ikb) that got me dramatic results have been discontinued. For the last six months, I Iet myself revert and in june began using carowhite (because it seemed like the most reliable brand on this forum) and used it for a month but I was only getting darker and oranger so I stopped. It was such a complete waste of my time!! Now I'm not sure what direction to go in so I bought mercury filled dodo lotion at my time of weakness and been using it for the last three days.

It's soooo frustrating trying to find a reliable product and I don't want to compound. I guess I'm going to use dodo with caution then move on to using buy tubes of 4% HQ and RA from ADC and use that however theres such little information available about whether the 4% hq melalite works and actually makes a difference. But I'm running outta options and dodo isn't a long term product but I'm trying to get back to where I was before carowhite set me back. I miss just buying my products and knowing it'll work, now I have to go through the whole trial and error again and it's such a hassle!
I feel you!!! Trial and error is the WORST. That’s what’s happening to me now. Tonight, I just decided to mix everything I had into one to see if it would do anything lol. I made a mix with Lemon Glow lotion and oil with Nature Secrete lotion, coconut oil, witch hazel and kojic acid and then after I apply the mix, I used the lemon glow gel and then occlude spring we’ll see what happens. I’m tempted to just go and get me some movate or fashion fair at this point as a jumping off point but I feel like they definitely have mercury :/

·
Registered
19 Posts
That mix sounds good, I hope it works out for you and you see some changes!! I'm hoping to switch to natural products in a month to try and combat any possible thinning or other problems from dodo. I would love to try glutathione! I feel like it would be worth it but injections are so pricey where I live. The maintenance is just killing me lately, the journey can just be so tiresome so I'm not even aiming for dramatic results anymore. I've settled with just wanting to be two shades above my natural tone and just being super even. I think at this point I should just try a peel but I'm scared of using direct acids and somehow messing up the process lol.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Honestly, I wanna hear everyone’s frustrations and try to find solutions for each other. I’ve been lightening for like three months now with 0 results. I’ve used my own mix of kojic acid, witch hazel and skin builders, nothing. I’ve mixed lemon glow with my personal mix, nothing. I’ve mixed Nature Secrete lotion with kojic acid and witch hazel and skin builders, nothing. The only product that ever worked for me is no longer being sold so there’s my problem. Kojie San Soap is super mild, doesn’t do much but even me out. For those who have gotten dramatic results, what have you done?
The kojic acid works mainly on melanocytes that have a hyperpigmentary activities.
This is probably why your mixes are useless

·
Registered
111 Posts
The kojic acid works mainly on melanocytes that have a hyperpigmentary activities.
Hi Titi..long time no see.. omg glad to see u still supporting SCT :) last I saw you guys was 2017 on @ChuChu1 's thread

·
Registered
259 Posts
I feel you!!! Trial and error is the WORST. That’s what’s happening to me now. Tonight, I just decided to mix everything I had into one to see if it would do anything lol. I made a mix with Lemon Glow lotion and oil with Nature Secrete lotion, coconut oil, witch hazel and kojic acid and then after I apply the mix, I used the lemon glow gel and then occlude spring we’ll see what happens. I’m tempted to just go and get me some movate or fashion fair at this point as a jumping off point but I feel like they definitely have mercury :/
You are using too many acids and mixing strong stuff together. That’s why you’re getting darker instead. You do not mix Lemon glow with Kojic acid. The glow products are very strong and acidic, mixing kojic acid makes it worse and causes darkening. Same happens when you mix too much Hydroquinone together.

Also, adding coconut oil to your lightening cream, dilutes the effectiveness. You should not add oils to your cream. Layer them instead. Very soon the oil and water in the cream will separate from each other and it will become more useless.

Also note that the Glow products reach a plateau easily. Avoid mixing the lotion, serum and tube together. You may think it will give you fast result but it will lighten you for a while and stop working. Use them separately.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Some of you need to cleanse your liver. When your body is full of toxins and chemicals, creams may not work. when your liver is purified, your skin has a glow on its own even without cream

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you have the patience I would recommend mequinol and retin A Mix.will take 3-4 months before you see results and will appear slightly darker but when it starts working the results are very good

·
Registered
166 Posts
Some of you need to cleanse your liver. When your body is full of toxins and chemicals, creams may not work. when your liver is purified, your skin has a glow on its own even without cream
What do you suggest for detoxification? I'm in Nigeria

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hola @Titi!

Thank you for your input. Kojic acid has done wonders for my skin so far but you’re right, my mix was completely useless so I switched it up. Instead of using glow products, I decided to decrease the acids in my regimen, add in natural lighteners with my kojic and have had better results. I no longer use factory based products daily now, I have my own serum built from using natural oils such as safflower with plants like aloe. For a boost, I use a clobetasol product once a week and occlude the night that I use it. That clobetasol product is mixed with a base cream of retinol, vitamin c and thick anti stretch mark cream. On my skin building days, I don’t use any lightening agents, only vitamin C and during the day, I SAP my ass off. I did this regimen for a week and saw results that exceeded my expectations. I’ve dropped a shade and I’m officially NC44 (just bought the foundation). I think I would be even lighter if my products would have made it through the airport during my vacation. Also @Blackboy, correct! A cleanse is definitely needed! Starting on one tomorrow. After my research on glutathione, I understood what was happening that caused the skin to get lighter. I won’t be doing glutathione but I will be doing a green juicing cleanse. I’ll update. Thank you everyone for who had input on my skin mix. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
great thread topic.

Honestly, I am really disliking glutathione rectally ATM. It's made me feel so bloated and gassy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am really disappointed ☹
I tried testing the pH of My glycolic acid and Lactic acid,I'm trying to DIY Exfoliating lotion.
The lactic acid was 3.5 while the Glycolic acid was 12.1
I just poured the "Glycolic acid" into the sink,where it belongs as a drain cleaner.
Money down the drain.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm here for this thread!! I've been on a loop since my staple products (g&g/ikb) that got me dramatic results have been discontinued. For the last six months, I Iet myself revert and in june began using carowhite (because it seemed like the most reliable brand on this forum) and used it for a month but I was only getting darker and oranger so I stopped. It was such a complete waste of my time!! Now I'm not sure what direction to go in so I bought mercury filled dodo lotion at my time of weakness and been using it for the last three days.

G&g recipe should've been shared

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can totally relate. G&G Cream was my ride or die. then the fakes flooded the market and i just don't see it anymore. i spent so much money on QEI+ and topiclear last year. QEI did nothing, Topiclear was a struggle.
i stopped all forms of lightening last year December to give my skin a break. now I'm trying this civic lotion with a KA serum, i hope it works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hola @Titi!

Thank you for your input. Kojic acid has done wonders for my skin so far but you’re right, my mix was completely useless so I switched it up. Instead of using glow products, I decided to decrease the acids in my regimen, add in natural lighteners with my kojic and have had better results. I no longer use factory based products daily now, I have my own serum built from using natural oils such as safflower with plants like aloe. For a boost, I use a clobetasol product once a week and occlude the night that I use it. That clobetasol product is mixed with a base cream of retinol, vitamin c and thick anti stretch mark cream. On my skin building days, I don’t use any lightening agents, only vitamin C and during the day, I SAP my ass off. I did this regimen for a week and saw results that exceeded my expectations. I’ve dropped a shade and I’m officially NC44 (just bought the foundation). I think I would be even lighter if my products would have made it through the airport during my vacation. Also @Blackboy, correct! A cleanse is definitely needed! Starting on one tomorrow. After my research on glutathione, I understood what was happening that caused the skin to get lighter. I won’t be doing glutathione but I will be doing a green juicing cleanse. I’ll update. Thank you everyone for who had input on my skin mix. I appreciate it!
What areas do you apply your serums on? Face or full body?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts