Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very dark eyelids and under eye circles. It’s the first thing anyone notices. What are some effective treatments for it please.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I don’t understand how people notice dark eyelids when your eyes are fully open? Besides, a lot of women love that smoky eye look and wear dark eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara to make their eyes pop so having naturally dark eye lids are a good thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make up is one thing but my dark eyelids and circles make me look anemic and sick. When I look myself in the mirror or on zoom calls that’s all I see. I look like a raccoon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Treating dark circle and eyelid is tricky because it is very sensitive. Please don’t use facial serum or moisturiser on the eye area as it may worsen.

Try eye creams with niacinamide or retinoids. Also, Wear sunglasses and hat protect from the sun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
@Uvasag please discard my previous comment. Retinoid is too strong for the delicate skin around the eye.
Watch this video. It's very informative!!! And she's a dermatologist.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Make up is one thing but my dark eyelids and circles make me look anemic and sick. When I look myself in the mirror or on zoom calls that’s all I see. I look like a raccoon.
Tell me about it!
I remember seeing a picture of me years ago and it looked like I went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson lol
But I never tried remedies for dark circles because I never believed putting cucumbers on your eyes worked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tell me about it!
I remember seeing a picture of me years ago and it looked like I went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson lol
But I never tried remedies for dark circles because I never believed putting cucumbers on your eyes worked.
So what did you do?

·
Registered
491 Posts
So what did you do?
I have yet to try a cream or serum as of yet, looking at products, there are a lot of mixed reviews as to their effectiveness.
I was looking into makeup to cover it up rather than skin creams.

But I'm still on the look out for and will be trying eye products.

·
Registered
491 Posts
@Uvasag please discard my previous comment. Retinoid is too strong for the delicate skin around the eye.
I was really interested in using it around the eye are a bit @6:07 they recommend if your not too sensitive. Maybe Retinol and not Retinoid would be better?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts