Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I lighten lips that are very dark in color?
They look like smokers lips, but I do not smoke

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have used 4% hydro on my lips and it worked very well but of course I make sure I dont eat or drink for a while and I rub it in for what seems like an hour, they really make them smooth and light.

But I have taken a break, I'm thinking of making a lip serum with kojic acid since i heard this active is great for exfoliating and lightening lips. I also scrub my lips with fair and white aha soap, it has kojic and i think lactic acid and its made a big difference.

I used to have smokers lips
but since really doing this and taking care of my lips they are now softer and lighter. Smokers lips is so gross I had to do something. I'm an off and on smoker, ciggarettes are a curse. Hardest thing to quit

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
hmmm, i have heard the Hydro is dangerous to use on the lips before, but maybe it's not if your careful.. ive been trying lime juice and it is NOT working.. not so far anyway. However, i have heard mention of other ingredients though.. like arbutin, berberry extract, ...im in search of a cure too.. they did tell me mono was way too harsh

·
Registered
265 Posts
yes I've heard hydro is dangerous on the lips but really its the only thing that worked and I think only if you ingest it but I definately dont use it too often
but a touch with my lip product once a day

yes I wanna make a serum with those ingredients you've listed since there is nothing on the market. Oh YEAH Vit C works well on my lips too! Avalon Organics makes a vit c lip balm but I'm sure you can make one very quickyl and inexpensively. I need to take my advice and try it out next week.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I have begun scrubbing my lips with baking soda and applying hydro for an hour. I will post in any results after doing this for one month .

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Noir97, I'm not sure I understood you: did you mean that you apply a little HQ 4% & rub for a solid hour or that you apply a little HQ4% then let it sit for an hour then wipe it off?

As for scrubbing your lips with b-soda, please be very gentle; aggressively rubbing dark skin can cause it to become irritated & react by hyperpigmenting: the opposite of what you are trying to achieve!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've been brushing mine lightly with my toothbrush (no baking soda)... then applying some spot treatment that contains salicylic acid, then i put on a chapstick with spf 50.. i will compare to my before pics in a few weeks..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts