Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 6 months now I still have red marks on my face and I still can't figure out why. I've tried many mosituriser's and I've finally found one which does the job, but everytime after a shower, my shin gets extremely flakey, and as I apply moisturiser, it doesn't rub in properly. And it's more of a thicker cream which is better.

What am I doing wrong?
Should I be using moisterising soap to wash my face in the shower? Is it better to have a wet face when applying moisturiser?
Help !!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi User
Red marks from what? Acne? or Allergy? or What?

Do you do an exfoliation of any kind? Sometimes just getting the old dead skin off can work wonders in getting the moisturizer to soak in!

Yes, I think applying moisturizer on damp skin helps to seal in the moisture. Good idea.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have red patches where the skin is the driest. Which are on my both upper cheeks and both beneath my eyebrows. It just doesn't seem to go away. As I rub in the moisturiser, there are still flakes on my skin, so maybe that's making it worse? Those areas do get itchy too and maybe without noticing I tend to touch it which makes it more red. I don't know, it's all a mess.
I'm a guy btw which I thought as males and females have different solutions for skins.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
User,
I think we can all use the same products! LOL guys just don't like the fancy jars and perfume-y smells!

What products are you using right now?
Does anything make it better?
Does anything make it worse?

Maybe it's not just dry skin, user. Have you seen a Dr about it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh, I mentioned that as I read somewhere the male body produces more oils on the face which may effect the use of skin products.

I'm just using a dry skin cream, nothing better or worse comes from it.
Maybe I should see the doc about this.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Ohh, I mentioned that as I read somewhere the male body produces more oils on the face which may effect the use of skin products.

I'm just using a dry skin cream, nothing better or worse comes from it.
Maybe I should see the doc about this.
user-

Maybe it is- Eczema On The Face: An Overview

It sounds like it could be. Maybe do some research on it and see if that could possibly be whats going on. If so, do try and see a dr about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It does sound very much like a skin condition rather then just dry skin- perhaps see your doctor- but not before looking at all your skincare items which you put on your face to see if something is irritating your skin and causiong you eczema- I get eczema on my elbow (just the right one, not the left one- odd!!) and worked out its the cleaning fluids they use at my gym which causes it to flare up. I worked this out because it was the only new thing to touch my skin in the time it began to flare up. So really look well into what touches your face.

I get dry skin patches on my face- but no redness. I have found that toning is the only thing that gets rid of it for me. Otherwise on my t-zone, I get dry flakey skin which is no good for wearing make-up! Toning is the fluid you apply on cotton wool to get rid of the left over cleanser and prepare the skin for the moisturiser. I don't even need to exfoliate more then once or twice a week now!

Without toning, I would need to exfoliate almost daily to keep the flakey skin away! (I know because I have been there)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts