Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have extremly dry skin on my face and has been a problem for a year now or so. I have red marks both around my cheeks, and also both eyelids are red. It becomes very flaky in my eyelid/cheeks area, and I don't know what to do anymore. I use moisturiser straight after a shower.

The moisturisers I've used has made no difference, I'm now currently using a moisturiser that is specifically for very dry skin and still has no effect. It has jojoba oil, avocado oil, carrot seed/juice, pumpkin, dead sea mud, other various oils, and my skin is still the same.

What am I doing wrong
I'm sick of these red patches and I get paranoid when I'm out that I have flakes.
I should note that I'm a guy so maybe gender skin types plays a part to this too? Help is needed!
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
62 Posts
What moisturizers are u using?

Make sure you use rich creamy moisturizers. Also, apply them just after you get out of shower when ur skin is till damp. N yeah.. dont go for long steamy showers. They just serve to increase the skin dryness..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Username -- Look up Earth Essentials on the web -- they have gentle but effective products for moisturizing. Their serums soak right into your skin --and the ingredients are natural. You could be allergic to some common chemical used in the production of the moisturizer you're using; that happened to me on one occasion -- my eyes swelled shut. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Username i also have the same thing with my dry skin try a good moisturizer that is very thick, also use masks once a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day!

Also may be get a medical check up may be you have a medical condition that leaves you with such dry skin! Do you eat healthy too this will help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts