Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am 23 , and my problem is that my skin is very dry, I try many stuff but no results. So give me some advice what to do with her ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
You're question is posted in the acne category so if you don't get a lot of responses, that may be why.

You can start by exfoliating with a granular scrub to help remove the dull surface layer. Also a nice Rose Hip or Vitamin E oil or serum before your moisturize. Some creams just sit on top of the skin and dont really work. You should try samples first.

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Hello,

I am 23 , and my problem is that my skin is very dry, I try many stuff but no results. So give me some advice what to do with her ?
You could try using Squalane or jojoba oil mixed in with your moisturizer or apply it before or after your moisturizer. They are very good hydrating oils. Also, if you don't live in an extremely dry climate, you could try using HA (hyaluronic acid) in a serum form. It is hydrating too. If you live in a dry climate, I recommend not using it, it could have the reverse effect and dehydrate you.

Also make sure you are using a moisturizing fash wash. Don't use one with alcohol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, as these will cause your face to dry out.

And last but not least, wear sunscreen!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
victoria i have also have the same prob try using thick moisturizers to start with and masks once a week, also carrier oils are good if you can get some normally if you have a health food shop near you they should prob recommend something for your skin!

toners dont help dry skin either try not using one or only using once a week if you do feel like you need a toner!

Also drink at least 2 litres of water a day, and make sure you have a good diet!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If none of these work try may be to a dr check up just to make sure that there is nothing that might be causing your very dry skin. Hope things works out for ya

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lots of very good dry skin remedies out there. Have to find the one that works best for you. A good quality moisturizer is a must. A facial oxygen mask , olive oil, shae butter, coconut oil...more helpful tips check through profile source

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Why a dry skin?

Sometimes adding fish oil (Omega 3) to the diet can help.
A water filter in your shower to remove chlorine and impurities can also help. Using tepid rather than hot hot water is helpful since it doesn't remove all the oil from the skin.
Avoiding detergent cleansers and using creamy ones instead can help.
What have you tried so far?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OO all of you know so much thinks now i ma trying oxygen mask , olive oil! I will see what will happened!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Victoria I am currently recovering from severe overexfoliation and my skin is actually clinically "dehydrated" which is more extreme than just being dry. I have been using every oil possible and what I have found really helpful for appearance (not so much for healing) is mixing some glycerine with my moisturisers. It is not as greasy that way but does sit over the skin and give it a healthier "sheen" and creates a moisture barrier. For healing I am using Bio-Oil which took me forever to find but I am also using Nivea CoQ10, Jojoba oil, Shea Butter and Coconut Oil (and a few more). I moisturise constantly throughout the day. I have an appointment with a dermatologist this week and will let you know what she says!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

I suggest:

1. Gentle toning with a non-alcoholic toner or make your own. Use warm
chamomile tea which is an excellent toner for dry sensitive skin.

2. Sun-block or cream for day [no chemical sun screen]

3. At night use an oil such as Vitamin E Oil, Rose Oil or Almond Oil

4. Also gentle exfoliation use once a week. During exfoliation do not press to
hard

You must take care of dry skin. The movement limitations incurred when the skin becomes too dry or stiff are the very cause of wrinkles. Always keep your skin clean and nourish your face to keep it supple.
Take special care with the cheeks because they cover the largest area of the face

Best wishes

redrose

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Redrose that is exactly what happened to me. I had dried my skin out, overexfoliated and then suddenly got crepe-paper skin all over my body. I now have dehydrated skin and am working hard to fix it. As a last resort I may start usung retin-a all over my body! My skin has improved dramatically but is not where it should be yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
try cerave lotion -it has hialuronic acid you can buy in drug store -rite aid,walgreness 13$the best lotion ever.I'm using for face too.second one good lotion is amlactin 12%lactic acid good for dry skin (i saw at costco,walgreness)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have very dry skin too. The only thing that has ever worked for me is Jergens extra strength formula. I will just die the day they stop making that. Literally die, from scratching myself raw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts