Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Define-A-Lash Pulse Perfection from Maybelline?

I personally don't like Maybelline at all but I was intrigued by the virbratingness [not sure that's a word but meh] of this new mascara. I'd imagine it to tickle :/

·
Registered
713 Posts
There is a demo set up of the mascara wand in action at my local drugstore...I went and checked it out and it looks like a farse.

·
Registered
484 Posts
What's the vibration suppose to do?
I don't know how they do it but Maybelline seems to come out with a new mascara every other day!

Mascara to thicken
Mascara to condition
Mascara to separate
Mascara to extend etc...

There are so many to choose from.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I do not understand the need for vibrating mascara wands -- can someone please enlighten me? Glad that I like the boring unmoving-wand varieties.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Dukes, we are psychic again....(psychotic/psychic I never remember...)

I was going to post a review myself of this.
I like it, but the formula is a bit thick and I always have to wipe the wand before using and comb with a spoolie afterward. It does give length, thickness and hold.
Kinda stiff but it doesn't flake.
Kinda hard to remove, I always have to use cleansing oil (DHC) to get it off. Nice tho...kinda gimmicky but easier than msavoy's railroad idea by a long shot!
I used to wiggle the wand at the roots myself with any mascara to get it wedged in there and then draw the wand up the length of the lashes...I think it's supposed to make the lashes look thicker at the root if you do it right.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I JUST bought this last night lol! I used it over mascara I already had on and I did notice that I could get the tiny lashes towards the inner corners of my eyes, upper and lower with it vibrating better than with my non-vibrating wands lmao. I'll use it alone later on and let you know how I like it overall!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Dukes, we are psychic again....(psychotic/psychic I never remember...)

I like it, but the formula is a bit thick and I always have to wipe the wand before using and comb with a spoolie afterward. It does give length, thickness and hold.
Kinda hard to remove, I always have to use cleansing oil (DHC) to get it off. Nice tho...kinda gimmicky but easier than msavoy's railroad idea by a long shot!
I used to wiggle the wand at the roots myself with any mascara to get it wedged in there and then draw the wand up the length of the lashes...I think it's supposed to make the lashes look thicker at the root if you do it right.
After watching Panacea81's makeup tutorials I noticed how she "wiggles" her mascara wand, so I have been thinking of getting some of this- but before this brand, the ones available were too expensive for my blood.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I had thought I may have to try it out of curiosity
Does it tickle?

And what about this new rolly type foundation? Don't remember the brand it's the one Eva Longoria promotes. I don't want it I'm happy with my own foundation but just curious really. It says no streaks but I'd imagine it to leave more streaks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
GIMM ICK. silly. Just apply with any non vibrational mascara wand while going over railroad tracks in car.
LOL!! whoa!!
The picture in my head of someone trying that is too funny.

·
Registered
515 Posts
man! I think we must have some crazy make up bond going on here, it's madness.

Okay so I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I had thought I may have to try it out of curiosity
Does it tickle?

And what about this new rolly type foundation? Don't remember the brand it's the one Eva Longoria promotes. I don't want it I'm happy with my own foundation but just curious really. It says no streaks but I'd imagine it to leave more streaks.
What happens when the batteries go flat???????

Another gimmick to open your wallet.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes I almost sprung for the estee lauder and the lancome version but this works for me and is a lot cheaper!

I don't think the mascara will last long enough for the battery to run out! If it does you're keeping it too long!

Dukes I don't know about any "rolly-type" foundation...but remember I don't get good TV reception here in the cave, I don't read the glossies and I don't go to the cosmetics counters any more...so let me know how it works for you!! Stila had a sponge-applicator one a while ago that was kinda cool..it looked like a stamping-pad type affair that you just daubed on your fingers then applied to your face. I'm a sucker for the technology, which is why I try to stay away from the makeup counters....too spendy.

Yeh I guess it DOES tickle....heehee

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
man! I think we must have some crazy make up bond going on here, it's madness.

Does it tickle?

Dukes found a pic

1. Firmly roll
2. Lightly glide
3. Softly flex

Apparently this will give us a "flawless ultra-fine coverage". I'm assuming the roller will have some sort of flexibility for our contours and lumps and bumps. I don't exactly fancy using a hard roller around my nose! It comes in a variety of six colours for all skin types
Will you try it because your worth it!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
LOL!! whoa!!
The picture in my head of someone trying that is too funny.
CAUTION: It does require some finesse and skill. Learn how to steer with knees first maybe in the mall parking lot. Then you can probably attempt. But not if holding cell phone to shoulder. Tends to clump.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
OMG I watched some of that girl's reviews and dang, does she babble or not?? GET TO THE POINT! lol Annoying.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm not terribly impressed with this mascara, but I'm not taking it back. It was just $8.99, so I'll keep it. I won't buy it again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts