Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am seriously considering buying one of these machines.
I would be very interested to hear your views FREDDY
please if you have the time.
I have bad circulation, and have torn a muscle at the gym which has slowed me down considerably.
I am not looking for an easy way out, I intend to use it in conjuction with cardio.
I heard it was good for cellulite and musle tone.
Does any one own or use one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lydia, I'm curious about that machine, I have bad circulation, my feet & hands are always cold, do you have a picture of that machine, (as we know you, you should LOL)

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Oh you know lydia will have a picture. And a good one at that!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Looks like a great device to do stretching, which is great for your muscles. Have you ever tried pilates? I just joined a pilates studio that uses reformers, I am excited to try it. I have never done pilates before but have seen some amazing results by those who do it a couple days a week. It is a great way to keep your body tone.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Here's a picture of the machine with the exercises on it . Cats can exercise as well as dance.
I knew that Lydia would come up with a cat exercising on this machine. Thanks! Great photo!

Fawnie - maybe you could interest George (the cat) in one of these machines.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm sure George would be interested...another place to take a nap!

There is some evidence that vibrational therapy can help with muscle soreness:
Vibration therapy reduces plasma IL-6 and muscle soreness after downhill running -- Broadbent et al., 10.1136/bjsm.2008.052100 -- British Journal of Sports Medicine

But Mayo Clinic says don't expect any great gains in fitness unless you are elderly or have arthritic pain:
Whole body vibration training: An effective workout? - MayoClinic.com

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure George would be interested...another place to take a nap!

There is some evidence that vibrational therapy can help with muscle soreness:
Vibration therapy reduces plasma IL-6 and muscle soreness after downhill running -- Broadbent et al., 10.1136/bjsm.2008.052100 -- British Journal of Sports Medicine

But Mayo Clinic says don't expect any great gains in fitness unless you are elderly or have arthritic pain:
Whole body vibration training: An effective workout? - MayoClinic.com
Thanks Fawnie, there is no easy way out.
No pain No gain, No machine for me.!!!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Great video, those weights are bones!! Too cute.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Lol, that is great-
sign me up for one as well!

Awwwhhh doggie breath, I kinda like-

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Ironically enough I was looking at a magazine from the professional fitness association I belong to and there was an advertisement from a company selling something similar to this. I believe that it will help circulation, much like the massagin chair that I have my eye on right now, but in the advertisement that I read it said that it would make you burn as much calories in 10 minutes as a full 1 hour workout, which isn't true.

Hence, to lose weight no, to improve circulation and feel good yes.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
From a quick view at what it does, it seems a bit gimmicky to me. Again the agitation will help with circulation, to what extent? I don't know, probably not as good as a nice jog, and it will definately not help with weight loss. Guaranteed.

Personally, I'd pass on both.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I agree. I'm not trying to lose weight and my knee will not let me jog. I was just intrigued by the claims that it induces relaxation. Maybe I could just pay someone to swing my legs back and forth!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From a quick view at what it does, it seems a bit gimmicky to me. Again the agitation will help with circulation, to what extent? I don't know, probably not as good as a nice jog, and it will definately not help with weight loss. Guaranteed.

Personally, I'd pass on both.
Thanks for the reply Freddy, I knew it was too good to be true, I will have to keep on moving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts