Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyine.

Could you tell me what is the difference between Vit.C anf Vit.C derivatives? What do they do? How about Vit.A and Vit. E? Do I need all 3 to have beautiful skin??

I am mid 50 but I do not have too many wrinkles but I got very dry skin and it is making me look loder than my actuyal age...

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If you smoke, quitting is job #1 for caring for your skin! Putting vitamins on it isn't going to do much if you still smoke.
Wow! What triggered that comment? Did she say anything about smoking here?

Addendum - OH! I SEE IT IN THE OTHER POST! YES - I AGREE WITH FAWNIE! KICK THE HABIT!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mama Fawnie sees all... knows all....you cannot hide.
I know! I am so sorry for even thinking that you were overstepping here. When I saw that other post, boy did I ever panic and rush back here and add the postscript. I learned my lesson for sure!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I know! I am so sorry for even thinking that you were overstepping here. When I saw that other post, boy did I ever panic and rush back here and add the postscript. I learned my lesson for sure!
No problem mireckca! Good to see you are keeping an EYE out for BS!!! heheehheee

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful website. There are so much information... Do you think you could explain what is Vit. C and Vit. C derivatives and what they do in a line or two?

Regarding smoking, I am smoking less and less everyday so oneday I might be able to quit! Let's see!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mama
This quote is from the link I provided above:

[quote from Smartskincare.com] "Potentially, vitamin C can benefit skin in two important ways. Firstly, vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen, a key structural protein of the skin. Adding vitamin C to a culture of skin cells (fibroblasts) dramatically increases the synthesis of collagen. Secondly, vitamin C is an antioxidant and can help reduce skin damage caused by free radicals. So, when vitamin C is properly delivered into skin cells, there is a good chance to reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts