Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!! I found the crystals at my health store, so I was going to just add it to a vit c serum I already to boost the c in it some, my crystals are hard but when I mix it in my hand it does start dissolving into the lotion, is that ok?
Also, what vit e is best to add...the capsules are real goopy, I have seen the vit e oil but wasnt sure if it was right...seems like it would clog pores?

newbie sorry!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
ashes, no, the kind in the health food store isn't the same as the cosmetic formulary one. Get the UltraFine from Lotioncrafter.com. It really isn't that expensive.

Kassy uses the vit E in the caps. It is fresh that way. In the bottle who knows if it is already old. I use this:
Covi-Ox T 50 - Lotioncrafter LLC

hth
I was in LUSH and saw they had a Vit C tablet. Have you seen those before? wonder what that would do to a C serum. I didn't check to see if it contained any fillers, probably does-

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well actually it does say it is pure...how does it dissolve, ashes?
First off, Thank you so much for answering so many of my questions as i know newbies can be frustrating to you wise ones!!

I dont know because I havent tried to dissolve it
...i just mixed it in with my lotion and it was like a microdermabrasion

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try putting a say 1/2 a teaspoon in a 1 1/2 teaspoons of water. See if you can find a small container that is lean to put it in so you can shake it up several times during the day. If not, you can put it in a small cup and just stir it up good several times throughout the day. See if it dissolves. I made the same mistake and bought crystals too. ( even after the lovely ladies here TOLD me to get the powder from Lotioncrafter) Wanted to try and save a few $$$. It still dissolves but I think it was Fawnie that pointed out it is probably oxidizing too much and so your not going to get as potent or as good a serum out of it. A dark bottle or keeping it in a drawer so it is away from light will help. Us newbies have a lot to learn huh? That and we ( or at least I ) should listen to those that have been doing this longer. I am ordering the ultra fine powder from LC today.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try putting a say 1/2 a teaspoon in a 1 1/2 teaspoons of water. See if you can find a small container that is lean to put it in so you can shake it up several times during the day. If not, you can put it in a small cup and just stir it up good several times throughout the day. See if it dissolves. I made the same mistake and bought crystals too. ( even after the lovely ladies here TOLD me to get the powder from Lotioncrafter) Wanted to try and save a few $$$. It still dissolves but I think it was Fawnie that pointed out it is probably oxidizing too much and so your not going to get as potent or as good a serum out of it. A dark bottle or keeping it in a drawer so it is away from light will help. Us newbies have a lot to learn huh? That and we ( or at least I ) should listen to those that have been doing this longer. I am ordering the ultra fine powder from LC today.
ok, I will try that! Thanks! Now, if I put it in a dark bottle quickly, its ok? Does it have to be a dark bottle?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
L-ascorbic acid only will dissolve in distilled water, dimethyl isosorbide, glycerin or a lotion with a high water content/see chart:
BulkActives' skin actives solubility chart

So I think it's best as someone else said to dissolve it in distilled water before attempting to mix it with something else. L=ascorbic acid oxidizes in heat and light so you need to protect it from that.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts