Skin Care Talk banner

Vit C - recommendations

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  beckeydorn 
#1 ·
I would like to purchase a vit c serum. I would love to be able to make one but am not at the point in my life right now (too much going on in all areas and that is probably why I am obsessing over my skin right now
). I have seen cellex c but not sure if there are others that are effective. Also it worth paying $100 for - that many results?

Also i found a site (vitacost) that has cellex c for $89. Would you order from them or would you order from another site?

thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I vote for making your own and saving a bunch of $$$$$ It's not that hard and it's actually quite fun. Yes Vitacost is a good site to order from. I've ordered many times with excellent results. Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is actually a better product do to the Ferulic acid which gives it a SPF rating of 8 which is fantastic in such a product. Especially considering it stays on the skin and does not wash off.

#13 ·
I don't know about the wrinkles and vitamin C, the reduction of wrinkles are often very small no matter what product and really most often don't make much difference before or after three months use. One thing I know vitamin C really can do, in a cream or serum, is give you much better skin colour, and significant reduction of hyper-pigmentation if you have sun-damaged skin. If you stick to a applicaton moring and night for a year or so you will be surpriced. Still, most regard vitamin A acid as much more efficient.

I think the peptides are very interesting too. Peptides is a very wide term, and I really like the fermented seaweed (muliti purpose), the fermented lemonpeel (skin lightening, hyper pigmentation, freckles,) matrixyl (strivectin, very promising for wrinkle reduction) that nurish skin and help all kinds of skin-functions not fully explained by the biologist and chemists. These are very safe and natural pepties (broken down proteins).

#20 ·
You know I guess I'm lucky -- I suffered right into my 20s with acne but my skin was so oily that I didn't notice any lines or wrinkles until I was in my30s. I hardly used any cosmetics because I usually had an allergic reaction. I hated sunscreens because of it felt icky and the odor made me feel ill. Then I had all these acne scars to deal with so I had dermabrasion and was told to start looking after my skin -- especially sunscreen. I didn't at first and ended up with pigmentation problems that I'm still trying to address.

I started to use a serum by Estee Lauder and bought make-up with SPF protection. Later when I heard about Cellex-C I started to use it faithfully along with the Hydra B5.

Because I think my skin is now mature - I have started a more intense regime. I still haven't found an SPF protection lotion that I can tolerate. I'm now layering, moisterizer with SPF 30 and mineral makeup with SPF 30 -- If I know I'm going to outside most of the day I wear wide brimed hats -- so I'm at an event and the only one with a hat? who cares? I also wear tops with sleeves. So the result is, I'm very pale, my skin has pigmentation problems from the sun and freckles, few or no lines around my eyes, forehead; my problem areas are the frown lines and lower marionette lines -- which sort of blend in with scars in the same area.

I have neglected my skin for long periods but have always used the Cellex C -- and I'm not saying this is the best brand it's simply something that I can purchase where I live. I also can say that I have rejuvenated my skin when I have decided that I look like crap. It takes an effort but it helps having a DD who makes rude remarks and loves to experiment with cosmetics.

#19 ·
I have to say though peptides are becoming more and more popular in products and they are interesting but there is still the worry of the side effects of these, however may be these plant peptides that are all natural are different!

Mari i noticed that Ren do a similar vit c product to the cellex c looked like same ingrendients to me too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.