Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, can I still use my Vit C serum and my DMAE cream since doing my TCA peel today? I know I need to not use my Retin-A for several days but I am unsure about the others. TIA

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
No I would not use Vit C after doing your TCA. You actually shouldn't be using anything until after your peel is completely done peeling. Just wash, if you need a little moisturizer, neosporin or emu oil, etc you are ok using that. But really, don't use anything else until it is completely finished peeling, and the pinkness has gone away.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Can you use copper peptides serum after peels?
No, you should not use anything harsh after applying a TCA peel. The purpose of the peel is to peel, so why apply anything to your skin until that process is complete?

If you want to speed up the peeling process, you can apply Retin-A at night before going to bed. This does help speed the peel process.

But really, just be patient and give the TCA time to do it's thing. It will be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I just stuck with my oils and antibiotic ointment after my peels and did just fine. I have a mixture of jojoba, emu, sweet almond, vit e and HA (tiny amount w/water added to the oils) that I use after my peels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gymrat, I will hold off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts