Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
OK just checking to make sure it's dissolved. I use vodka, the most expensive shot I could buy. The man said "it's $5 just for this". I smiled and said "it's for my face". Hee hee. Wonder what he was imagining then. Not everyone buys quantity over quality.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
I use vodka for mine and the FA from skinactives and have never had a problem with it dissolving. I do keep my vodka in the freezer, don't know if that would have any benefit or not.
Just tastes better when it is freezing, I guess-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oranges, I heat my propylene glycol over a tealight in a shotglass then add the ferulic to dissolve it. I still have to stir it and wait a while then stir it again. Kassy says that vodka will dissolve it too.

Here's a solubility chart that I think is useful:

BulkActives' skin actives solubility chart
fawnie...I'm cracking up
reading about your recipe! My neighbours think I'm whackers with the things I do.....what do people think of your productions??? I never care what they say about me, I just have a bloody good laugh!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
fawnie...I'm cracking up
reading about your recipe! My neighbours think I'm whackers with the things I do.....what do people think of your productions??? I never care what they say about me, I just have a bloody good laugh!
I don't know what the neighbors think, kitskid! (they have their own peculiarities, believe me..) but my husband was curious. When I told him I was making a serum for my face, he just gave me a blank stare then said, "Well, serum or no serum, I love you anyway." I have no idea what he meant. I've seen some of his experiments and he has no room to talk!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How close is Kassy's serum to this stuff?? SkinCeuticals | C E Ferulic sounds really close with some extras like the jojoba. WOW this other stuff cost $138 for just 30ml. Don't I feel smarter now! DIY for pennies!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
How close is Kassy's serum to this stuff?? SkinCeuticals | C E Ferulic sounds really close with some extras like the jojoba. WOW this other stuff cost $138 for just 30ml. Don't I feel smarter now! DIY for pennies!
All we can do as DIYers is hope our formulation of C serum is working as well as the greatly studied and pioneer in the industry, Skinceuticlas CE Ferulic.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
how would u guys really know that your DIY serums are just as effective as professional grade?
Oh, cuz we know LightenNLift-we are women and we know everything.......don't ya know this by now?

How do you know that professional grade serums are effective?

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
aw shucks, you guys are the stars here, gymrat and fawnie, easy breezy beautiful skin care girls!
Oh I am by far not a star, fawnie is the star here.

But I do like easy breezy beautiful skin care girls.......it does have a ring to it-

thanks for that-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yahooooooo!!!!!! right on LightenNLift.....fawnie and gymrat are the best.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We do love our Legends around here! And that smokin' Baby is pretty helpful also

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
how would u guys really know that your DIY serums are just as effective as professional grade?
That's a good question. Might feel like Skinceuticals but do we actually know whether it's working at deeper levels in the skin? Stimulating collagen, etc?
DIY will also have a crap shoot element to it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's a good question. Might feel like Skinceuticals but do we actually know whether it's working at deeper levels in the skin? Stimulating collagen, etc?
DIY will also have a crap shoot element to it.
Yeh a lot of this stuff I think we take on faith, but eventually we see a change for the better that encourages us to keep doing what we do.

The babyQ LED thing is the same: "Does this thing WORK or am I just wasting my time with it???" Hard to say, but I thought it helped. Unless we take pinches of our skin and do lab studies on them, we won't know for 100% sure we're doing anything positive, but the look and feel of our skin tells us something. Hope against hope maybe, but I think it all helps.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
353 Posts
All I know is I look 10 years younger today than I did 2 years ago when I started on this skincare journey and especially DIY..

It's so empowering to actually have control of the actives I want, and the chemicals I want to avoid.. No cheap fillers and dangerous chemicals for me anymore.

And how do I know it's working? I need only to look in the mirror... And the best part is having really flawless skin, and not a stitch of makeup necessary... Yowza! Now I know it's possible to slow the aging process to a crawl, and actually reverse a few things.

My big regret is that I didn't know 25 years ago, what I know now.. Argh! I sure wouldn't have been tanning my hyde covered in baby oil + iodine all those decades..

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Ok this may be a "dumb" question but can Kassy's serum be easily doubled. I want to start using this on my arms, hands, neck chest.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts