Skin Care Talk banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you guys are amazing! Now, I know this has been asked before, but I'm new: is it really as easy to DIY as you make it seem? I have loved products my whole life...some women love shoes, me? Products. Specifically anti aging products. Takes most of my money. So DIY sounds fantastic to me. Never even considered it!
It's really saves that much money too????

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Tons of money and easy as cooking a pie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a bottle of 100% l-ascorbic acid powder and have make the 10% vitamin c serum with distilled water and glycerin. Even after shaking well, it feels a bit granular. Can I grind the powder to make it ultra fine before mixing my next batch?

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
Sure you can try grinding it into an ultra fine powder. Ultra fine LAA is the only thing that seems to dissolve without a struggle. These dissolve with no issues at all........ http://www.lotioncrafter.com/ascorbic-acid-ultrafine.html https://bulkactives.com/actives/sun-damage-protection/ascorbic-acid-l-ultra-fine-powder.html http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-C-L-ascorbic-acid_p_321.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am new to DIY skin care and came again and again back to this forum to look for ideas for DIY ideas.I finally had the courage to make my own Vit C serum .It is a very simple recipe - 20% ascorbic acid 79% Distilled water and 1% Vegetable glycerine.I have prepared a very small batch (just 30 ml).
I am using this for the past 10 days and my pores are less visible and skin looks bright .
I had a question- Is it ok to use Hyaluronic Acid serum after appplying Vit c serum ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello :) well it depends, are you putting it right after the vit c? i would wait probably till morning (if i put the vit c in the night) just to let them work by themselves, just in case

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone I want to make VitC serum but I couldn't find distillied water I live, so is it possible to use rose water instead

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
Hello everyone I want to make VitC serum but I couldn't find distillied water I live, so is it possible to use rose water instead
YES!! You can use Rose Water in place of distilled water in your Vit C serum.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am still a dummy I guess bc Im still lost! Are these the ingredients from LC that I need to make this? Is the Vit E i have in there right?

vit c.JPG

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
I am still a dummy I guess bc Im still lost! Are these the ingredients from LC that I need to make this? Is the Vit E i have in there right?

View attachment 5369
Yes, its right, and if they have a smaller size for the SKB go for the smaller size. It only takes 1 tsp of this.

Only other ingredient you will need is distilled water, vodka to dissolve the ferulic acid, and also a droppler bottle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, its right, and if they have a smaller size for the SKB go for the smaller size. It only takes 1 tsp of this.

Only other ingredient you will need is distilled water, vodka to dissolve the ferulic acid, and also a droppler bottle.

Thanks Gymrat! Helpful as always! Ok I will get the 5 pack of the dropper bottles, what am i using that for to store it in after its made? I will get the distilled water and what type of vodka is best? Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was telling my friend about this serum and she said this. Any comments I really dont know what to say about it. Are the items from LC good?

"but I think I can find higher quality of the sea Kelp and feluric acid at sprouts or online. Those are cheap and have preserving agents. Plus they are Fron China"

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
Thanks Gymrat! Helpful as always! Ok I will get the 5 pack of the dropper bottles, what am i using that for to store it in after its made? I will get the distilled water and what type of vodka is best? Thanks!
Yes, use droppler bottle to keep your serum in. As for Vodka, I use Everclear, which is the highest proof. Not sure if its available to you, if not, just get whatever Vodka with the highest proof. And you only need a small amount so the smallest bottle they sell. Even those sample bottles would work. You only need a tiny bit to get the FA to dissolve.

Also, I see some people using vit E as well and glycerin?
Yes, you had Vit E in your order. As for glycerin, some use it, I don't as I find it way too tacky for my likings.

I was telling my friend about this serum and she said this. Any comments I really dont know what to say about it. Are the items from LC good?

"but I think I can find higher quality of the sea Kelp and feluric acid at sprouts or online. Those are cheap and have preserving agents. Plus they are Fron China"
Yes, they are good. What you find at Sprouts is not for DIY purpose. Supplement form ingredients are not to be used for topical serums, etc. they contain fillers you don't want in your serum.

I've used ingredients from LC for years, great quality. As for SKB, I have gotten it from LC, Bulkactives and NCN Pro Skincare. All work equally as well.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts