Skin Care Talk banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
What can i use for the ferulic acid in this vitamin c serum recipe.Shipping is way to high where i live.Are there any other alternatives for the ferulic acid?Thanks n advance.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
What can i use for the ferulic acid in this vitamin c serum recipe.Shipping is way to high where i live.Are there any other alternatives for the ferulic acid?Thanks n advance.
Unfortunately there isn't anything you can use in its place. You can make it without the FA if you need too. Just omit the FA and the Vodka step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is so much to read about making Vitamin C Serum ...... I am lost!

I used to make it about 3 years ago and I loved it. I got so many compliments and that was with not saying a word about it. I eventually got fed up because I could never get the C to dissolve.
Don't scream, but I used 1 tsp distilled water to 1 tsp LAA Pharmaceutical Grade (could not get Ultra Fine). I tried Vitamin E and Glycerin together and separately but did not like it, so stuck to the 2 above ingredients. I used it every night which made my pillow case yellow - no problem. Do you think I should not use it so strong? I really had no ill effects with it though...
Now that I know that I should buy LAA ultra fine, I just need to know where in the UK to get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or just ask here -- I've read through some of the past threads about Vitamin c serums, but I am still trying to figure out if I would be able to make a 10% vitamin C serum by dissolving ultra fine LAA ( from the Ordinary) into Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel Inner Fillet
( ingredients are: Carrageenan (Thickening Agent), Citric Acid (pH Stabilizer), Potassium Sorbate (Mold Inhibitor).)?

81 - 86 of 86 Posts