Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I got the SKB. I got a 2 oz. jar and a little vial of the stuff plus some vials of fragrance. Kassy's recipe calls for 2 tsp. of SKB- is that from the big jar cos that little vial ain't got 2 tps in it! HELLLLLLLLLP! Here are the pics of the 2 SKB I have. The jar says 100% SKB- but it has to be "suspended" in something if that little vial is "concentrated???" So....... do I use the clear serum in the jar or that brownish liquid that isn't 2 tsp?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
All I can tell you is that the SKB I use is clear and came from NCN Pro

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sandia
Yup you got the right stuff. Use the gel from the big jar. The little vials are for mixing with the gel in the big jar if you want to make things like shampoo, etc. There was a direction sheet in the baggie with my little vials with recipes you can use to mix the little vials in with the big jar. You can PM Hannah at SA if you need the instructions!!
Happy mixing!!

Oh! I was just thinking of you! What things are you going to stock up on before moving to UK???

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Not sure what little vial your talking about. I used the SKB big jar (2 oz)
No problems other than I don't like the fact that much of the goo in the serum stays behind in my dropper. Maybe I didn't mix it perfectly.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The picture you posted looks like it might be SA Anti-Oxidant booster.. You wouldn't want to add that to a C serum, it would make it orange. But you could mix it with another oil and apply over the serum or something like that.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so I did my serum and it's tad lumpy. I wish I had a teeny tiny Braun Hand Blender! But I put my serum in an air pump bottle and when I shake it, it comes out smooth when I pump it. It burns a *bit*- maybe cos I exfoliated tonight, and feels great!
I also got my DMAE serum FINALLY! It was stuck at the downtown PO for 5 days. UGH. Finally delivered it. I used it for the first time tonight. It's the 4 oz. bottle, so I'll give reviews later on!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The picture you posted looks like it might be SA Anti-Oxidant booster.. You wouldn't want to add that to a C serum, it would make it orange. But you could mix it with another oil and apply over the serum or something like that.
Thanks, Fawnie. I wondered how to use the SKB concentrate (?) in the little vial! Don't want it to go to waste!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Okay, so I did my serum and it's tad lumpy. I wish I had a teeny tiny Braun Hand Blender! But I put my serum in an air pump bottle and when I shake it, it comes out smooth when I pump it. It burns a *bit*- maybe cos I exfoliated tonight, and feels great!
I also got my DMAE serum FINALLY! It was stuck at the downtown PO for 5 days. UGH. Finally delivered it. I used it for the first time tonight. It's the 4 oz. bottle, so I'll give reviews later on!
Lumpy?? Are you using powder HA? I am assuming that is where the problem lies. Don't put it in the fridge leave it out , keep it in a dark cabinet in the bathroom, see if this helps it. Give it a good shake before you use it.

the burn........gotta love that!!! It's working, girl!!! But yes, definately the peels and the exfoliation have alot to do with it. You will get used to it, I promise you that-

Let me know how and if you like the DMAE. I used mine again yesterday.

So many things, so little time-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks, Fawnie. I wondered how to use the SKB concentrate (?) in the little vial! Don't want it to go to waste!
I mix a drop of the Anti-Oxidant Booster from SA (assume that's what the red liquid in the small vial is, is it labeled at all??) with some FEROXâ„¢ Pure Pulp from here:
La boutique VELD'S : FEROX Pure Pulp, ROÃBOS flashREPAIR

and spread it on my face before using my BabyQ LED. It tightens and moisturizes in the 45 minutes that it takes to do the treatment. I do this twice a week. I swear it works! You need the antioxidants apparently to counteract any free radicals generated by the LED.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lumpy?? Are you using powder HA? I am assuming that is where the problem lies. Don't put it in the fridge leave it out , keep it in a dark cabinet in the bathroom, see if this helps it. Give it a good shake before you use it.

the burn........gotta love that!!! It's working, girl!!! But yes, definately the peels and the exfoliation have alot to do with it. You will get used to it, I promise you that-

Let me know how and if you like the DMAE. I used mine again yesterday.

So many things, so little time-
Nope-no HA. I did add a tad of niacinamide, but it's when I add the SKB gel to it that it gets the lumpy look. But in the air pump jar it comes out smoothly! I'm using the DMAE serum daily. 3 days since I got it.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Nope-no HA. I did add a tad of niacinamide, but it's when I add the SKB gel to it that it gets the lumpy look. But in the air pump jar it comes out smoothly! I'm using the DMAE serum daily. 3 days since I got it.
Do you apply the DMAE in the AM or PM.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Both! A little goes a long way!
I have been using mine in the AM. When you use it at night do you use it after your RA? When you use it in the AM do you use it after your Vit C?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I've off my RA for a few days. I expect now that I'll put it on after my RA. In the Mornings I wait 15 mins after my Vit. C serum before putting anything on my face. HTH

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
In the AM I apply my Vit C then wait then use the DMAE. I haven't used it in the PM yet. Somtimes at night I will use their "Lets make collagen" serum. It is nice too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts