Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
thank you guys, I was wondering if aloe vera will do the job instead of skb and found this thread, you girls are angles

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
I have used Sea Emollient in place of SKB as well. I don't get a tacky feeling unless I use glycerin. Aloe, SKB and Sea Emollient don't leave me with a tacky feeling.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
you can sub any of these - just make sure you are making up the difference of whatever you are eliminating - also, the properties of these ingredients are all different - you will not get the same end product, however, it should work fine - is there a reason you want to sub out the SKB? there are so many sea goodies in both the SKB and sea emollient - that are sooo good for your skin. just curious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep the Aloe will work just fine.
Hi , do u know how to get the slippery consistency? When u use skb instead of aloe v gel bits floats and i feel like it shouldn't be like that? When u use av then it gets mixed in thoroughly without any bits bit it's still runny like water, how do u get the serum to be slippery ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have been thinking about making a retinyl palmitate serum for a while. I see that Kassy alternates her use with Retin-a, I am assuming an OTC formulation.
My curiousity is: what does the retinyl palmitate home formulation not accomplish that one would still need the retin-a? I would love to hear everyones thoughts and experiences.
My great battle is a few brown spots that seem to resist all the lovely treatments the rest of my skin flourishes on, including vitamin c serum, kojic/licorice serum, retinol cream( not retin-a, I know).
Thanks for the help!
Rebecca

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Hi , do u know how to get the slippery consistency? When u use skb instead of aloe v gel bits floats and i feel like it shouldn't be like that? When u use av then it gets mixed in thoroughly without any bits bit it's still runny like water, how do u get the serum to be slippery ?
Jackey gel bits floating......I am thinking you must be talking about Ferulic acid bits.......and if this were the case, this wouldn't have anything to do with the SKB or the Aloe. You need to make sure the FA is completely dissolved in the vodka before mixing the rest.

What recipe are you using?? If you are not using HA you can add a little of that in and it will give you the slippery feel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jackey gel bits floating......I am thinking you must be talking about Ferulic acid bits.......and if this were the case, this wouldn't have anything to do with the SKB or the Aloe. You need to make sure the FA is completely dissolved in the vodka before mixing the rest.

What recipe are you using?? If you are not using HA you can add a little of that in and it will give you the slippery feel.
Thanks gymrat
ill try again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you Fawnie. Am I correct that retin-A is prescription only? Currently I am making due with Skinceuticals 1% retinol...newly purchased as an experiment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Fawnie, will do. It seems to be having a nice effect, my skin seems 'glowy'. Or perhaps that is the C serum...Or both!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts