Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question:
I am getting ready to order/make my own vitamin c serum but I remember reading reviews for other store made vit. c serums where it caused people to break out. so I am wondering if DIY vit. c would do the same thing or not. thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Might cause some purging of the skin. Small price to initially pay for the long term results. I never had this happen to me using it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Kiera.

Have you heard of a product called Danne? If not look Danne up on the internet.

You may want to try their pure vitamin C serum. It is the best I have ever used, lovely for the skin (face, neck and decolletage) and can be used under the eye area also.

Once opened you must use within 3 months. It will last you the whole 3 months though.

Kerris

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay thanks, just a little nervous because I have started renova also. you can see my posts of the on going saga...any little change in my skin and i'm a freak/baby but A LOTof people here use that routine and it seems to really work for them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
some l ascorbic acids make me break out too. be careful on which you use. I love the natural smell but sometimes the sweet serums cause me to break out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quick question:
I am getting ready to order/make my own vitamin c serum but I remember reading reviews for other store made vit. c serums where it caused people to break out. so I am wondering if DIY vit. c would do the same thing or not. thanks for any replies!
I actually have quite the opposite effect with vitamin C serum. It keeps my skin blemish free. Even with all the glycerin I used to use in it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Quick question:
The storemade stuff could do that - you are buying ingredients that are preservatives, fillers and who knows what. If you make your own you have control over what you put on your face. If something doesn't agree you can simply leave it out with a new batch. Easy-peasy!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts