Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been look on this site to find a simple recipie for a vit. c serum that contains just Vitamin C, ferulic acid and vit. e, w/out all the other extras. Does anyone have one and can I use vit. E capsules or should I order tocopherol acetate (that's the same thing, right?). I tried BulkActives but they are out of ferulic acid. I just don't know what ratios are correct. thank you so much!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Kiera
You need some other ingredients to dissolve the ferulic (vodka will do) and emulsify the E. Otherwise just use Barefoot's Eazy C recipe and make it fresh each day.

Skinactives.com has ferulic too. You can use the E caps, but I use THIS

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fawnie, I have really been looking at Kassy's most recent recipie but I didn't want to spend a lot of $. I wasn't really sure about the SKB, vodka and hylaronic acid.Does that make sense? I wanted a to make a simple serum w/ maybe an ingredient to compliment the Vit. C w/out a lot of other things.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You don't really need the HA since the SKB is nourishing and moisturizing enough. The SKB helps the E to emulsify. Now all you need is a bit of vodka!
Be brave!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts