Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it alright to use a vitamin C serum along with sunscreen during the daytime, and the F&F 5x skin lightening gel at night? Or is this too much for the skin to tolerate?

g

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Is it alright to use a vitamin C serum along with sunscreen during the daytime, and the F&F 5x skin lightening gel at night? Or is this too much for the skin to tolerate?

g
Thats definitely NOT too much, we should all be using Vitamin C during teh day under our sunblock because
a) we already have vitamin C in our skin, its hte master antioxidant but its depleted constantly by environmental exposure and pollution.
b) Vitamin C, E, and Ferulic PREVENTS our sunscreen from degrading so it lasts longer and keeps it fresh.
c) Vitamin C adds an added spf of 4 or sometimes 8 to ur sunscreen already and works towards uneven pigmentation.
d) Vitamin C not only helps the sunscreen from breaking down but it helps any other product such as HQ from degrading as well and stay fresh on the skin.
e) Use Vitamin C during the day only, use RA or FF at night

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thats definitely NOT too much, we should all be using Vitamin C during teh day under our sunblock because
a) we already have vitamin C in our skin, its hte master antioxidant but its depleted constantly by environmental exposure and pollution.
b) Vitamin C, E, and Ferulic PREVENTS our sunscreen from degrading so it lasts longer and keeps it fresh.
c) Vitamin C adds an added spf of 4 or sometimes 8 to ur sunscreen already and works towards uneven pigmentation.
d) Vitamin C not only helps the sunscreen from breaking down but it helps any other product such as HQ from degrading as well and stay fresh on the skin.
wonderful.. now if we are using a moisturize and then vitamin C... do we still have to wait to apply the subscreen... ?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Which VitC serum is everyone using?
How do you know if a VitC serum is working?

I tried to use one and oh my goodness that vitamin C serum was so darn THICK!!! ugh!!! The glycerin!!!!! I had to add water to spread in on my skin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which VitC serum is everyone using?
How do you know if a VitC serum is working?

I tried to use one and oh my goodness that vitamin C serum was so darn THICK!!! ugh!!! The glycerin!!!!! I had to add water to spread in on my skin.
hey Nikkicute which vit c did you use ?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If I am using vitaminc serum containing only LAA and water as ingredients, will it still prevent my sunscreen from degrading? I am keeping my serum simple as I can't get any ferulic acid here in the UK.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
vitamin C is the key component to prevent sunscreen from degrading so it definitely still prevent your sunscreen from degrading and keep it fresh
Thanks for replying, LNL. I will definitely keep on using my simple vit c serum now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
hey Nikkicute which vit c did you use ?
I purchased from this seller on ebay.
Vitamin C Serum 14.3% Pure, Stable Ester-C
I didn't know what I was doing!! I just didn't think it would be so thick!!
I ran the water and put the bottle under it until the serum was gone, guess I should have gave it a chance. I put one drop serum and then two drops water to make it spread but my face felt sticky, just couldn't get it right.

That's why I went looking for another VitC serum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts