Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Although I just recently registered and posted for the first time yesterday, I have been hovering over this forum for quite some time. The only reason I never posted was because I felt I had nothing to contribute, as I only just begun to really take care of my skin (at 42yrs of age). I have been trying various products that I can share:

I started w/ Oil of Olay night cream ( I am trying to get my neck looking better as well as my face) Did not see any results

I then used Avon Anew Thermafirm No results in any area

I then tried the Avon Anew Utimate age repair No significant results
I was also using the Avon Anew night repair cream along with it

I have also tried Revitalift face and neck cream

I am now trying Wei East White Lotus neck and decollete cream, only using that about 9 days so I cannot vote on this one yet

But I will tell you after reading so many posts on Vitamin C Serum, I decided to try it, and I can honestly say it makes my face glow and feel so good. I found It in TJ Maxx (they actually carry some pretty high end products) it is called 40 Carrots. It was so inexpensive so I did not expect much. I have been using it faithfully (as I have all of the other products) for about 3 weeks and find it to be a great in-expensive product. I cannot compare it to other Vitamin C serums but I am pleased with the way my skin looks. I would not of even given this a try, but for the last several months I have been trying to adhere to some of the advice that is given on here.

I realize everyone's skin is different, (mine is oily with large pores) I still have not found a product that helps with the oil. But I just thought I would share, instead of just reading. This forum is great!!!! Thanks to all who take the time to post and share. Alot of the products that I mentioned before, I may not have tried had I found this site sooner, but we all go through trial and error, and see what works for us. I also use a retinol eye cream. Well if I stumble across any other finds I will post.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I did not find any info. on the net regarding this products percentage of C in the formula. While it may be working for you on some level, there are countless similar C serums products out there that are not using either the correct form of vitamin C or not enough percentage of vitamin C. Considering how high on the skin care product list a quality vitamin C serum is, I would suggest making one similar to the DIY recipe that Kassay has or break the bank and buy a proven one such as Skinceuticals CE Ferulic.

Amazon.com: 40 Carrots Vitamin Serum, 1-Ounce Boxes: Health & Personal Care

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ok Thank you for making me aware of this!!!!! as always helpful info!!!!! I did not realize how important the strength of it was duh!!
:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Vitamin C for wrinkles and skin aging
The article states "About 50% of people show noticeable benefits"
I've read something similar to this before about C serum. I would think it would surely work for a much higher percentage of people.......hum......just thinking out loud.
And how do you really know if it is working when it comes to collagen production???
Especially if you using other products such as retin-a??????

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Peri i think the prob finding ferulic for it or am i wrong is this ok now, so far just sticking with mirecka formula myself!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Peri i think the prob finding ferulic for it or am i wrong is this ok now, so far just sticking with mirecka formula myself!
NY - have you made any Vitamin C serum yet? Just curious. I think that the simple serum is a good place to start but think that the Kassy formulation is the goal to work towards.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes mirecka just starting today, if i can get the ferulic though will give it the extra kick though hopefully, or if im daring enough may be even cellex c recepie! One step at a time i think, dont want to get too daring yet!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peri,

I am not using Retin A, I said I was using a retinol eye cream. I am fairly new at all of this, and I was only stating what seemed to be working for me as far as giving my skin a really nice glow. I just thought I would share....thats all. This is one of the reasons I was hesitant about posting. I did not claim to have found a miracle, just stating what seemed to make my skin look good. Thats all

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri,

I am not using Retin A, I said I was using a retinol eye cream. I am fairly new at all of this, and I was only stating what seemed to be working for me as far as giving my skin a really nice glow. I just thought I would share....thats all. This is one of the reasons I was hesitant about posting. I did not claim to have found a miracle, just stating what seemed to make my skin look good. Thats all
I was not refering to you when I mentioned retin-a. Just how it related to collagen production when used with a C serum.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok, then forgive me, but I seemed to have been the only one who had mentioned retinol, so I assumed you meant me. My apologies.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh ok, then forgive me, but I seemed to have been the only one who had mentioned retinol, so I assumed you meant me. My apologies.
Don't be shy, MOM! As long as you don't make wild claims or blatant untruths or are rude, we're all ears! We're friendly and don't mean any harm...

Happy to have you!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I could feel your enthusiasm when you posted. I know myself when I try a new product or if I'm having good results with one I want to jump up and down and do cartwheels (all of which is impossible).

Keep posting and reading -- I've learned a lot. Welcome to the site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts