Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I am one also. I always check there before buying a product or simply google the name and get the reviews as many as possible.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the members have awesome notepads, too. Check out "sunscreens" notepad for the definitive explanation of all things sunscreen-related.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Peri,
I use the Bulkactives recipe tweaked a little bit...I leave out the hyaluronic acid and the d-panthenol (too sticky). I like it for now, until I get brave enough to tackle the Immort.org one! Thanks for posting it - I may get ambitious!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah, I'm MUA all the way baby! sorry...a little bored. I never purchase something (that's worth some money) unless I read reviews and they are usually spot on for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
I`m new here. And I was wondering if someone can tell me if it is effective to apply cremes with vitamins? Are vitamins molecules small enough to penetrate the skin? Because after reading here awhile, I learned that collagen molecule is too large to penetrate the skin and should be taken orally.

Also I have a question, if some cremes do work, can you tell me which ones?

And the last one: how much drinking water helps my skin condition?

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi and welcome!

Drinking water helps to keep the kidneys working and this helps the skin work better!

Creams with vitamins? Who knows. I like to keep the C and E in a serum by themselves for better absorption. Here's an article that might help you form an opinion about which active ingredients you want to use:

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

Different things work better for different problems, but most importantly be sure to wear sunscreen!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi fawnie do you think it be alright if i add bout a 1/4 teaspoon of the viterol a to me vit c serum, i have the rest of the ingrendients needed for the ferulic vit c serum? I looked breifly before on the american websites but could not see any ferulic on there, so just wondering if i can use the viterol instead!

Thank!

Mika i add vitamins to the cream that i made up at home a little while ago, as long as these are suitable for diy use, then as far as im aware they can be a good antioxident for the skin!

Personally though id use extra vitamins for the skin as a seperate thing, after you have used your vit c serum!

As long as you use what is correct for your skin type then you should not have a problem with this, if you google around a bit though you will prob get some good info on the net bout vitamins in skin care products too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts