Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
that's my consensus. i guess we are having a private discussion about this...lol - i just thought i might have missed something regarding this.  how much c are you drinking eveyday, if i may ask?  i think i already mentioned, i mix usually 10 g in about 1/2 liter bottle.
I take about 2000-2500mg. I can't drink my water without it because I hate the taste of water. I drink approximately 60 oz of water a day, I don't over do it, I spend enough time in the bathroom as it is!

·
Registered
877 Posts
hardly will you see vitamin c toxicity. when you see it it is usually due to another metabolic disorder. vitamin c was prescribed to me for constipation and at avery high dose twice daily. We studied vitamins in my clinical medicine class a few weeks ago and it was very in-depth. the only thing the consultant teacher told me is to drink lots of water and that one can safely take huge doses of vitamin c without any repercussions. now vitamin c def causes gingival hyperplasia. you lose your dentition when you ingest copious amounts of citric acid without a straw or without rinsing your mouth. when you take vitamin c and it doesn't touch your teeth it actually keeps your gums healthy. i found out during my studies that when asked questions relating to every system, tissue or organ in the body that vitamin c def can be the culprit since it is the main thing required for collagen synthesis. everything in the human body contains collagen fiber (histologically speaking). it is actually a guilt free vitamin. now someone with renal failure or any sort of renal disease is not advised to take more than 1000mg of vitamin c for any reason. Vitamin c alone will not weigh down your kidneys. remember to drink plenty of water.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hardly will you see vitamin c toxicity. when you see it it is usually due to another metabolic disorder. vitamin c was prescribed to me for constipation and at avery high dose twice daily. We studied vitamins in my clinical medicine class a few weeks ago and it was very in-depth. the only thing the consultant teacher told me is to drink lots of water and that one can safely take huge doses of vitamin c without any repercussions. now vitamin c def causes gingival hyperplasia. you lose your dentition when you ingest copious amounts of citric acid without a straw or without rinsing your mouth. when you take vitamin c and it doesn't touch your teeth it actually keeps your gums healthy. i found out during my studies that when asked questions relating to every system, tissue or organ in the body that vitamin c def can be the culprit since it is the main thing required for collagen synthesis. everything in the human body contains collagen fiber (histologically speaking). it is actually a guilt free vitamin. now someone with renal failure or any sort of renal disease is not advised to take more than 1000mg of vitamin c for any reason. Vitamin c alone will not weigh down your kidneys. remember to drink plenty of water.
Thank you that was very informative! I read somewhere about it blocks arteries if taken in excess, is that true?

·
Registered
877 Posts
it actually does help cardiovascular health. go to the link below. you will see it. it is a very good article
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/apr2008_Newly-Discovered-Benefits-Of-Vitamin-C_01.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have heard so many great things about vitamin C. I really should start taking it as I want to make my skin super soft as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Is there a certain vitamin C brand you guys use? Also, will MSM & vitamin c twice a day be good? I think I wanna try these 2 together and increase my water intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,please, are you guys all referring to vit c, just like the chewable ones? I am abit lost pls help!

·
Administrator
33,639 Posts
Hi all,please, are you guys all referring to vit c, just like the chewable ones? I am abit lost pls help!
Like this Fafa http://www.vitacost.com/country-life-buffered-vitamin-c-1000-mg-250-tablets Chewables are too harsh on your teeth too acidity.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts