Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear this plays a big part in Skin lightening.. which cream is the most effective? or do u hav to take suma orally??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Do you thin taking vitamin c supplements at high concentrations will also help the lightening process along with lightening products?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Have you used any of these products with results...
I've not used it. I use something else that works for me.
i googled and found those links to bring a reply to the thread. I hear good reviews about CLEAR ESSENCE products, they work. The ingredients they use for skin lightening are safe and natural plant or fruit-based LEMON and LICORICE for example yeah!

And according to A Skin Whitening Product Guide , yes VITAMIN C pills (make sure it's 1000 mg of vitamin C) can enhance the skin's suppleness and inhibits the skin's production of melanin but as a long term effect.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are many claims for vitamin C and its skin lightening ability in the patent literature- but the only scientific data comes from melanocytes that produce, in the test tube, less melanin when they are exposed to high levels of vitamin C. It is thought that melanin production is a free-radical process, and high vitamin C concentrations inhibit that process. However, the studies that have looked at this in animals have produced no measurable results.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Madelong, the VITAMIN C SERUM help lighten the skin, helping with anti-aging, etc..
My mother use AMBI EVEN & CLEAR Targeted Mark Minimizerr with Vitamin C, it has helped lightened the dark mark aroung her eyes. then, Vitamin has proven good results for skin lightening. so IMO, I think taking ASCORBIC ACID supplements affect skin lightening. that's why I take them too, and especially because with these supplements I can maintain good health!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi..
I just shopped at Clear Essence,bought some vitamin c serum designated for around eyes. Reading ingredients a second time I found it has 2% hydroquinone. Isn't this dangerous to use around the eye? It says use 2x a day, i'm assuming morning and night, Don't you stay out of sun when hydroquinone is on the skin. Kind of confused and I think I shoulda bought something else.

·
Registered
625 Posts
endure8, are you sure you bought the Clear Essence Vitamin C serum? I red on their website it contains Lemon and Licorice as active ingredients. this cream is hydroquinone (HQ) free. you probably got the Advance Complex Fade gel with HQ 2%.

anyways don't worry about it, i use the AMBI Fade Cream combined with HQ 2%. I use it almost every day it helped brighten my skin and my acne scars have fade away quickly. only 2%HQ is safe and effective. make sure you use SUNBLOCK SPF 30 or higher during the day to prevent repigmentation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In our studies vitamin C completely failed to penetrate the skin- so it can't possibly work topically- HQ, on the other hand- penetrates very well indeed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In our studies vitamin C completely failed to penetrate the skin- so it can't possibly work topically- HQ, on the other hand- penetrates very well indeed.
Vitamin c cannot penetrate the skin EVER?? Does this mean I use various creams/lotions containing vit C and I am wasting my time and money?
Not just for lightening - but other uses such as collagen development, even if it is in a solution 5% acidity? ascorbyl palmitate? magnesium ascorbyl phosphate?

What am I gonna do with all this vitamin c stuff?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Your so called studies must have used a topical C that was inferior. A properly formulated C serum will most definitely penetrate the skin.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Vitamin C fails to penetrate the skin? So what about the huge clinical studies supporting its posiitive benefits on the skin in anti-aging? And the before and afters of those people that use it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
You use it during the day along with HQ and sunblock, just give 5 minutes apart in applying each items. The Skinceuticacls will prevent the HQ from oxidizing and keep hte sunscreen fresh all day.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts