Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does vitamin e oil get rid of zits? ive heard different things about it do you just put it on each zit or use it as toner or what?

·
Registered
86 Posts
vitamin e oil can help with pimples because it heals the skin. I wouldn't say it gets rid of them but it can help to heal the lesion. tea tree oil is good to put on comodones because it dries and has healing properities. there is a lot of debate on where or not vitimin e is even effecient at all, i personally believe in it, but my instructor in school has her doubts based off of research she has come across.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Every one has their "own" product or ingredient that works for them. It seems there are a million things that work for some people but not for others. I dont think there is anything that is shown to work for even most people.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is not true....you have to find the right ingredients for your skin type and condition. Are you educated on such matters? I am an esthetician and I use to have HORRIBLE acne...after searching for the right product and being educated on what I need to do, I saw results.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That is not true....you have to find the right ingredients for your skin type and condition. Are you educated on such matters? I have a degree and I use to have sever acne...after searching for the right producted and being educated on what I need to do, I saw results.
Do you mind sharing your knowledge here on the boards?

I think vitamin e is know to help with elasticity....but I may be wrong....anyone remember what vitamin e does? Or is e a healing vitamin?

As for zits.....not sure if it would clog pores....anyone else?

·
Registered
388 Posts
From what I've learned and searched.....Vitamin E helps heal and regenerate skin.

Vitamin E protects cell membrane from damage. It helps to maintain healthy skin by eliminating harmful free radicals generated during cellular metabolism, with its antioxidant properties. Studies have shown that vitamin E may help skin recover from acne scarring and reduce the appearance of scars left by acne.

More infor on Vitamin E here: Acne Resource Center - Vitamin E for Acne

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If any of you have questions, I am a professional. There are a lot of great people on here with great advice. If you are looking for a professional opion, just ask!

·
Registered
388 Posts
If any of you have questions, I am a professional. There are a lot of great people on here with great advice. If you are looking for a professional opion, just ask!
What's your title? Are you a Derm or Esthetician or???? It's good to know we can get professional advice and input from the source. Thank you!

·
Registered
360 Posts
ive been a member of another skincare forum for a quite a few years and a lot of people would complain about vit. e oil clogging their pores and making them break out more. they would say, however, that vit. e oil helps to heal the scars left behind, at least to a certain extent.

·
Registered
388 Posts
whats an esthetician?
Trained & Certified in skincare. Sorry so sweet and to the point, she can probably define it better or in more depth.

EDIT: here is a definition I found:

esthetician, aesthetician:

a philosopher who specializes in the nature of beauty

a worker skilled in giving beauty treatments (manicures and facials etc.)

1. aesthetician.
2. a person trained to administer facials, advise customers on makeup and the care of skin and hair, etc. Cf. beautician (def. 1).

·
Registered
55 Posts
vitamin e oil can help with pimples because it heals the skin. I wouldn't say it gets rid of them but it can help to heal the lesion. tea tree oil is good to put on comodones because it dries and has healing properities. there is a lot of debate on where or not vitimin e is even effecient at all, i personally believe in it, but my instructor in school has her doubts based off of research she has come across.
Olive oil also helps dry out a pimple. I get a pimple or two around my menstrual cycle and it always works.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts