Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have lots of dark spot on my face that i want to clear up. What products are the fastest working? How much do they cost?

Please help me I really want to be lighter skinned as soon as possible! I have tried so many products and nothing has worked so far!

Also has anyone tried majic cream? is hydroquinine safe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
whatever products you use be sure it does not contain hydroquinone--i got a prescription from my dermatologist for 4% hydroquinone cream..It did work but when I went on vacation to the caribbean i was in the sun and i became darker than my 0riginal skin tone ---stay away from Hydroquinone

·
Registered
19 Posts
shishedo!! it really works...but makes my skin very tight and dry...so i stopped using it during harsh canadian winter...but if u live somewwhere warm. it's really good...

·
Registered
2 Posts
BEWARE OF FAIR AND FLAWLESS this company is a scam, products do not work + extremely exspensive......DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME OR $$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont use skin lightening creams to get rid of dark spots on the face!!

WATER, WATER, WATER is the key!

Look it up on the internet, I have known this for a long time.
My friend has medium brown skin (she is a black girl) but she had really dark brown, almost black, spots covering her face which looked really really wierd. She wanted to use a skin lightener but her aunty told her that she also had the problem and was recommended to STAY AWAY from skin lightening as that, in the long term, would make it so much worse! She was advised to drink water, like crazy amounts of water.
My friend has done this and in just a month her face has almost totally cleared up! I was sooo suprised!! Most of the spots have gone, the few that remain at the moment are soo light they are hardly noticeable. Also her whole skin tone has evened out!

You have these dark spots not only because of acne, but because as a black person ( and asian ) you tend to have very greasy skin ( because of hair products which tend to be oily and just natural genetic makeup). This causes building up of oil and dirt in the pores which go on to cause very dark areas. This is cleared up by good hydration of the skin. Use lots of water on your skin 3 times a day and drink lots and lots of water during the day. This gets rid of the oil and grime and clears up all the dark spots, clearing up the skin tone.

Urinating lots it GOOD!. The clearer your pee is , the better. getting up in the night to use the loo is good! it just means all the oil and dirt is being removed from the body.
Although i have no dark spots, I have started doing this and I notice the results already! My spots rapidly decreased, i don't need to wear foundation or powder anymore.

SERIOUSLY, TRY IT!!

All my love

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drinking water is DEFINITELY great for the skin, but I'm wondering if that friend's brown spots were from breakouts/pimples (I'm not sure, but I'm asking.) If so, this is called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (which are very temporary), and it's slightly different that hyperpigmentation from the sun. The spots from the sun run much deeper in the skin and actually are caused from years of damage. They don't show right away, and take years to come through, even though most people say that they sort of show 'overnight'. This is just usually brought out by being in the sun, but they've been 'cooking' for a long time.

In case you do want to try lightening products, there are a few different ways you can go. First and foremost however, you must wear a very good UVA/UVB protection EVERYDAY rain or shine...even if it looks overcast...always
. The spots that had faded with the hydroquinone may have worked, but perhaps you weren't wearing sunblock or if you were, your sunblock wasn't the best at doing what it was supposed to be doing. I can give some suggestions if you're interested.

Anyhow, hydroquinone works (I have seen many, many cases), but some people prefer more natural ingredients. Licorice root, is another good ingredient to lighten as well as kojic acid.

I would also suggest peels and/or exfoliating at home with aha's or fruit enzyme masks...a scrub won't do anything, as it simply cannot--molecularly speaking--penetrate as deeply as an aha or fruit enzyme. Pigmentation cells are trapped on the surface of the skin with the dead skin cells, so with appropriate exfoliation (once to twice weekly) it should help lighten.

Wearing mineral makeup will also help due to its high content in zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (two organic and very good UVA blocks).

I hope this helps and like I mentioned, if you're interested I would be happy to give more specific recommendations.

Feel free to look at some of my other posts for more information!

Esthetician Marcella.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd recommend lots of water and exfoliating, see if that helps and perhaps skin peels. Stays away from heavy skin's treatments as itcan ruin your skin permanently later on and there is no going back ... aka a la Micheal Jackson.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
whatever products you use be sure it does not contain hydroquinone--i got a prescription from my dermatologist for 4% hydroquinone cream..It did work but when I went on vacation to the caribbean i was in the sun and i became darker than my 0riginal skin tone ---stay away from Hydroquinone
uh oh...really.. what do you use then? i have papaya soap and lotion with renew c that im using because i was scared of HQ... and ive added lemon juice to my lotion and face cream... i was actually about to oder some HQ. theni read this,,, i am wondering why it would make you darker..that sucks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The HQ did not make her darker: the Caribbean sun did. It will do that to anyone. When you've lightened, the contrast between the new lighter colour & the sun darkened skin is greater so it makes it seem like you've gotten much darker. Had you been your original colour, you would've darkened in the same manner.
I am a big H2O drinker & I feel great when I'm well hydrated. As for mineral makeup, it works well for some but not for others. Water alone will not lighten your skin (as in making it produce less melanin).

It is the middle of summer here & I am using HQ/RA. I haven't re-darkened at all due to the careful use of a strong (60spf) sunblock & avoiding the bright sun. Lemon juice & natural ingredients like Arbutin, Kojic & licorice root extract will lighten a little but they won't produce the really striking results HQ will. Depending upon your needs, one of the other alternatives might just be your better choice.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
shishedo!! it really works...but makes my skin very tight and dry...so i stopped using it during harsh canadian winter...but if u live somewwhere warm. it's really good...
OOh which shiseido? i am looking for a super SPF formula to maintain my complexio..

·
Registered
467 Posts
try gluta-c skin whitening cream i uses it with great results and also i used the gluta-c l-glutathione whitening pills..drinking water is a good thing for the skin and it's color and a healthy diet,this what i do.i had the dark spots also...they faded away...and this a true saying what you eat shows on your skin.....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thanks Haiji, Do the glutathione pills make you feel a certain way? i was using the claire blanche pills and they didnt work. I only used them 1 month though. What brand and how long did you take yours? Thank yoU!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts