Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I about to start using monobenzone. I’ve tried Mequinol and all it did was burn the hell out of my skin , I’ve tried HQ but don’t want to use it due to the side effects . I’ve ordered 5 tubes of Mono just waiting for it too come . I know the only side effect is cheetah looking skin but I can just cover myself with makeup if push comes to shove but in the U.K it’s cold for literally 9 months of the year so I’ll most king be covered . I know it can take years to depig which I’m ready for . I know that it can take years to depig and regimentation can occur again afterwards but I’m ready to go down that road . Yes I do want porcelain super pale skin and if I don’t like it in the future there’s always tanning lotions 😉. The only thing I’m scared of is the judgement from people afterwards because I’m black Soo my skin turning pale white is Quite 😬to people . I know that monobenzone is systematic , I’ve heard that the smaller / skinner you are the quicker it can work basically .

I’m hoping to start with 20% for at least 5-6months and then move onto 40% until I finish .

Anyways I’ll write my whole journey here in case anyone in the future would be interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I about to start using monobenzone. I’ve tried Mequinol and all it did was burn the hell out of my skin , I’ve tried HQ but don’t want to use it due to the side effects . I’ve ordered 5 tubes of Mono just waiting for it too come . I know the only side effect is cheetah looking skin but I can just cover myself with makeup if push comes to shove but in the U.K it’s cold for literally 9 months of the year so I’ll most king be covered . I know it can take years to depig which I’m ready for . I know that it can take years to depig and regimentation can occur again afterwards but I’m ready to go down that road . Yes I do want porcelain super pale skin and if I don’t like it in the future there’s always tanning lotions 😉. The only thing I’m scared of is the judgement from people afterwards because I’m black Soo my skin turning pale white is Quite 😬to people . I know that monobenzone is systematic , I’ve heard that the smaller / skinner you are the quicker it can work basically .

I’m hoping to start with 20% for at least 5-6months and then move onto 40% until I finish .

Anyways I’ll write my whole journey here in case anyone in the future would be interested.
What is your current skin tone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you order your mono from? And how do you know it’s authentic
I‘m on a vitilgo Facebook group and they purchased from Mac medlife . I ordered 7 tubes of Benoquin and 1 40% jar on Thursday on WhatsApp but they haven’t gotten back to me with any update 🥲 but the people say it’s normal ( it’s an Indian country , so the time difference 5 hours ) but I’ll update you if I get them . 1 tube is $10 which is around £7 but shipping is $50 . Altogether I spent $160 which is £120 , but I paid with PayPal so if I don’t get my things I can just open a dispute ( hopefully not) 🥲

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update : I received my mono about two weeks ago and been applying it mostly on my arms and chest and neck . yesterday i saw a small white patch on my arm and I’m soo excited 😝 , I’m hopefully gonna order tretinoin soon as I heard it makes it work faster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update : I received my mono about two weeks ago and been applying it mostly on my arms and chest and neck . yesterday i saw a small white patch on my arm and I’m soo excited 😝 , I’m hopefully gonna order tretinoin soon as I heard it makes it work faster.
Can you please help me?????
I want to start mequinol ......... How much percent should I start with???? And I'm from india please it will be really very helpful if you guide me .....
I wanted to buy MQL lotion from glow skin please guide me please 🥺

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you please help me?????
I want to start mequinol ......... How much percent should I start with???? And I'm from india please it will be really very helpful if you guide me .....
I wanted to buy MQL lotion from glow skin please guide me please 🥺
Personally idk what percentage for you start on ? I used 30% Mequinol and all it did was hurt and barely lighten me . But maybe it will work for you soo good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update : I’ve been using tretinoin 0.1% with monobenzone and my skin is definitely much lighter . a couple weeks ago I woke to a small piece of skin missing ( I probably scratched myself at night idk ) it’s heeled but it’s still white/pink on my face and not darkening like it normally would😅. I think that’s probably the monobenzone working . Anyways I will report back when I have some more updates

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally idk what percentage for you start on ? I used 30% Mequinol and all it did was hurt and barely lighten me . But maybe it will work for you soo good luck
Thanks for the response
Im actually of medium complextion but I want it to make fair may be 5 to 6shades will be enough for me .......I think I should start with mequinol 15 percent .....
What do you think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the response
Im actually of medium complextion but I want it to make fair may be 5 to 6shades will be enough for me .......I think I should start with mequinol 15 percent .....
What do you think?
To get 5 to 6 shades will take you forever with Mequinol. If you’re hoping maybe 3 to 4 shade Mequinol could do so with 6- 12 months but 5 to 6 shades doesn’t seem realistic especially if you want pretty fast results (6-8 months ).

·
Registered
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ benoquin and retin a ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
4 Posts
Update : I’ve been using tretinoin 0.1% with monobenzone and my skin is definitely much lighter . a couple weeks ago I woke to a small piece of skin missing ( I probably scratched myself at night idk ) it’s heeled but it’s still white/pink on my face and not darkening like it normally would😅. I think that’s probably the monobenzone working . Anyways I will report back when I have some more updates
we have the same goals and same starting skin tone colour 🖤 where did you order your tretinoin 0.1% from ? i’ve also gotten the monobenzone 20% 30gm tubes along with 1 40% mono jar from MAC medlife so it’s legit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey girl glad someone having the same journey oh boy Monobenzone is so frustrating u need to have a lot of patience please keep the updates im currently in the state where some area have white dots in my belly and thighs I just started 2 months ago

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey girl glad someone having the same journey oh boy Monobenzone is so frustrating u need to have a lot of patience please keep the updates im currently in the state where some area have white dots in my belly and thighs I just started 2 months ago
Woow good luck on your journey and your right you do need patience . Everyday I feel like giving up but remind myself that future me will thank me for continuing. Please also update me on how your progress goes as well 😃

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we have the same goals and same starting skin tone colour 🖤 where did you order your tretinoin 0.1% from ? i’ve also gotten the monobenzone 20% 30gm tubes along with 1 40% mono jar from MAC medlife so it’s legit
I bought mine from pulsar meds , they have an Instagram acc . If you have sensitive skin please go for tretinoin 0.5 % . I don’t have sensitive skin but my inner arms are raw and if I scratch myself , if I have an itch it literally burns 😭. But No pain , no gain I guess .
Also if you live in a hot country or it’s summer please try to avoid the sun as much as possible. You will literally be apply monobenzone in vain if so 💗

·
Registered
5 Posts
Woow good luck on your journey and your right you do need patience . Everyday I feel like giving up but remind myself that future me will thank me for continuing. Please also update me on how your progress goes as well 😃
I will also u said you used the tubes from mac have u gone through the darkening phase cause when i used it at the beginning my skin darkened a lot so I switched to other products called uniqueen 40% the yellow one i think it suited me more than mac it has already a peeling agent but it peeled my skin like crazy i will wait like 4 months to see how it goes best luck 👍🏻

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought mine from pulsar meds , they have an Instagram acc . If you have sensitive skin please go for tretinoin 0.5 % . I don’t have sensitive skin but my inner arms are raw and if I scratch myself , if I have an itch it literally burns 😭. But No pain , no gain I guess .
Also if you live in a hot country or it’s summer please try to avoid the sun as much as possible. You will literally be apply monobenzone in vain if so 💗
i’m eager to hair your outcome. I’m using monobenzone 20% but I’m not using tretinoin

·
Banned
3 Posts
dont do it lol youre gonna kill all your skin cells and then become high risk for skin cancer and other conditions

this medication is for people with vitiligo, not for someone wanting to go from black to white, this is nonsense

unlike a white person who still has some skin protection as they still have melanin, you will have none

benoquin literally kills your melanocytes, without melanin, your skin now has no protection against anything it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dont do it lol youre gonna kill all your skin cells and then become high risk for skin cancer and other conditions

this medication is for people with vitiligo, not for someone wanting to go from black to white, this is nonsense

unlike a white person who still has some skin protection as they still have melanin, you will have none

benoquin literally kills your melanocytes, without melanin, your skin now has no protection against anything it
Thanks for your concern .
Your literally saying the things that I already know and that I’m willing to take . I know benoquin KILLS melanin cells and leaves your skin at higher risk of sun damage . As I stated in my first post , I already know the outcome and I’m totally fine with it . You always have to sacrifice something for another thing e.g learning a language - your free time etc . Removing all my pigment I will be only sacrificing my time in the sun ( I hate the sun ) . I don’t live in a hot country / a country where there’s a lot of sun exposure , so the chances of getting a sun burn (which leads to skin cancer ) is very slim .YES , I know you can still get sun exposure even if there’s no visible sun ray . That’s why I use sunscreen everyday .
I’ve already researched the outcome , side effects and usage of monobenzone for several years and compared the pros and cons for what I want MY ideal self to be and the pro’s (for ME ) out weighted the cons .
Anyways have a good day / night 🙂💗

1 - 20 of 30 Posts