Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ benoquin and retin a ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
7 Posts
Hey girl good to hear about your last update, results give you a boost to work harder. i have an update also remember 5 months ago i said i have dots well now it became a whole pale patch in my thighs and behind my knees in only a month , and thats only because i started mixing mac tube with uniquin, cause i was using uniquin alone and didnt see other results than dots in my body And sensitive skin, and last month I started mixing and voilà new patches please keep us updated as i will too. Also an advice u really need to moisturize a lot use vaseline and vegetable glycerin together u will notice the dead skin falls faster when you scrub your skin yea and u need to scrub your skin every week so that you apply monobenzone on new skin
where did you buy the uniquin?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
UPDATE : Last time i posted was roughly about a month ago .
I have recently been having great great results . I believe if I apply everyday and occlude i can be fully DE pigged within a year or soo. I have been very motivated lately more than usual, I thought that it wouldn't work for me and that i had been wasting my money . Its basically summer now here and i have literally been avoiding the sun like the plague , i try to go out either early in the morning or in the evening after the sun has set . I have finished uni for the year soo I don't have any obligations that needs me out of the house.
I am DE pigging in spots which I don't really mind as opposed to even lightening because I know if I do , id probably get a lot of backlash from family and from people around me , which will probably cause me not to be able to depigg fully as they would probably throw all of my benoquin 😭😭 , but I can defo use vitiligo as an easy way to depig without any criticism . If you're using monobenzone and not seeing results I'd try occluding with cling film and taking vitamin c everyday .

SOO IF YOURE SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO USE MONOBENZONE BUT WOULDNT WANT TO DEPIG IN SPOTS I WOULD DEFINTETLY AVOID MONOBENZONE .

I have been using Benoquin 20% and Tretinoin 0.1% . I use retin A and benoquin mix on my body everyday only once a day though I'm too lazy to apply twice a day but it would probably give me faster results though . i also occlude my legs every single day ( probably why my legs are having faster / better results then the rest of my body ) . After i finish apply on my legs i always get lazy and don't bother occluding any other part . Soo i'd say i occlude my upper body about once a week .
I only use benoquin on my face mostly and only apply Tretinoin on my face once a week. If 20% is sufficient and giving me good results over the summer period i will decide not to use 40% and just use 20% my whole journey. Maybe I'll just use 40% when I'm fully de pigged for weekly maintenance.

Face
my face is DE pigging in spots , not to scared about it . i spent all of high school with acne and have just recently lived a life a perfect clear skin soo I'm not self conscious when it comes to my face at all. The white spots i had that where just light and underneath the skin have started becoming more apparent and whiter which I'm extremely happy about . I have spots around my mouth but the sides of my face are more of patches . i can see underneath that there are more spots that want to come out . i think my face might take longer especially now that its summer 😭 .

Legs
My right leg has started to depig in spots and now they're forming together , most of my inner right thigh is almost depigged . my left leg has big birth mark behind my knee and I've seen that that its also starting to depig aswel . i believe with occluding everyday , it could have great improvements within a couple months . My legs are soo far doing extremely , maybe because its the place that i occlude mostly.

Arms:
my arms have been coming along nicely recently im seeing whites spots popping up in my inner arm . I'm extremally lazy to normally occlude my arms soo i think that's one of the main reasons its pretty far behind my legs .

Upper body:
My neck and chest has been doing great , a lot of new spots are forming not white but lighter in color which im pretty happy about . My belly has been making slow progress but I'm going to try and increase occluding there as much as possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont do it lol youre gonna kill all your skin cells and then become high risk for skin cancer and other conditions

this medication is for people with vitiligo, not for someone wanting to go from black to white, this is nonsense

unlike a white person who still has some skin protection as they still have melanin, you will have none

benoquin literally kills your melanocytes, without melanin, your skin now has no protection against anything it
This is literally the point. This is exactly what I'm going for. My goal is to completely remove ALL melanin from my skin, and monobenzone (if it succeeds at doing what it's supposed to do) will do exactly that.

Yes, I know without any melanin being exposed to UV is very bad. Ironically melanoma (the main deadly form of skin cancer) isn't possible if all the melanocytes are dead. Melanoma = cancer of the melanocytes. No melanocytes means there are no melanocytes to turn cancerous. But regardless, let me remind you that my personal goal is NO melanin (i.e. maximum possible whiteness). Regardless of how I get there, it will make me severely susceptible to damage from UV. Doesn't matter if I get there with mono or something else.

Also, I avoid the sun like the plague. I already do this now. If I have to go out in the sun I wear expensive UVmune400 sunscreen that offers the best protection possible and still run to shelter from the sunlight, ultimately spending only a few minutes in the sunlight. I've been doing this for years and have no intention to stop. Which means I'm safe. The risk literally only exists with unprotected UV exposure, of which I have practically none.

Also people with vitiligo who depigment have the exact same issue of UV sensitivity. Why is it considered acceptable for them but not me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently been having great great results . I believe if I apply everyday and occlude i can be fully DE pigged within a year or soo. I have been very motivated lately more than usual, I thought that it wouldn't work for me and that i had been wasting my money . Its basically summer now here and i have literally been avoiding the sun like the plague , i try to go out either early in the morning or in the evening after the sun has set . I have finished uni for the year soo I don't have any obligations that needs me out of the house.
I am DE pigging in spots which I don't really mind as opposed to even lightening because I know if I do , id probably get a lot of backlash from family and from people around me , which will probably cause me not to be able to depigg fully as they would probably throw all of my benoquin 😭😭 , but I can defo use vitiligo as an easy way to depig without any criticism . If you're using monobenzone and not seeing results I'd try occluding with cling film and taking vitamin c everyday .

SOO IF YOURE SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO USE MONOBENZONE BUT WOULDNT WANT TO DEPIG IN SPOTS I WOULD DEFINTETLY AVOID MONOBENZONE .

I have been using Benoquin 20% and Tretinoin 0.1% . I use retin A and benoquin mix on my body everyday only once a day though I'm too lazy to apply twice a day but it would probably give me faster results though . i also occlude my legs every single day ( probably why my legs are having faster / better results then the rest of my body ) . After i finish apply on my legs i always get lazy and don't bother occluding any other part . Soo i'd say i occlude my upper body about once a week .
I only use benoquin on my face mostly and only apply Tretinoin on my face once a week. If 20% is sufficient and giving me good results over the summer period i will decide not to use 40% and just use 20% my whole journey. Maybe I'll just use 40% when I'm fully de pigged for weekly maintenance.

Face
my face is DE pigging in spots , not to scared about it . i spent all of high school with acne and have just recently lived a life a perfect clear skin soo I'm not self conscious when it comes to my face at all. The white spots i had that where just light and underneath the skin have started becoming more apparent and whiter which I'm extremely happy about . I have spots around my mouth but the sides of my face are more of patches . i can see underneath that there are more spots that want to come out . i think my face might take longer especially now that its summer 😭 .

Legs
My right leg has started to depig in spots and now they're forming together , most of my inner right thigh is almost depigged . my left leg has big birth mark behind my knee and I've seen that that its also starting to depig aswel . i believe with occluding everyday , it could have great improvements within a couple months . My legs are soo far doing extremely , maybe because its the place that i occlude mostly.

Arms:
my arms have been coming along nicely recently im seeing whites spots popping up in my inner arm . I'm extremally lazy to normally occlude my arms soo i think that's one of the main reasons its pretty far behind my legs .

Upper body:
My neck and chest has been doing great , a lot of new spots are forming not white but lighter in color which im pretty happy about . My belly has been making slow progress but I'm going to try and increase occluding there as much as possible.
Did you get any repigmentation spots? This is my main issue. Whenever an area turns white or close to it, my skin suddenly decides to regrow melanocytes. They start as very dark brown dots (like much darker than my original skin color) which I think are from the hair follicles, and the brown spreads from there. It doesn't completely take over all the white but takes over most of it over time, basically erasing most of my gains, and even worse leaves spots DARKER than my original skin color in places that were white just a while ago. It's been bad enough to scare me to stop on occasions. Do these areas eventually turn white permanently, with no repigmentation, if you continue to apply the mono?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Face

Legs

Arms:

Upper body:

Can you share a picture of your hands and legs from last year and now? I want to see what the start of depig looks like

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also based in the UK and have recently started using monobenzone. I just completed the darkened stage and have used 10 tubes so far. I'm currently awaiting a new shipment.

How's your journey coming on so far? Are you pleased with your results?

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Mulaniiiii121 I'm just worried because I've been using monobenzone for 3 months now and I haven't seen any results yet so i was wondering your spots look like so far
Hey hun , I'm also based in the UK and have recently started using monobenzone. I just completed the darkened stage and have used 10 tubes so far. I'm currently awaiting a new shipment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey hun , I'm also based in the UK and have recently started using monobenzone. I just completed the darkened stage and have used 10 tubes so far. I'm currently awaiting a new shipment.

I’m 4 months in now and there’s still no results, mulanii said she didn’t see results until 6-7 months in but I’m just hoping I see something soon.
Also what is your skintone and what do you mean by the “darkened stage”? I thought that was only for mequinol not mono… have you seen any results either?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Updates :

1. I've been seeing a lot of replies and messages about results and i cant stress this enough . DO NOT EXPECT ANY RESULTS FOR THE FIRST 5-6+ . If you do this you will get depressed .
I've stated that i only started seeing tangible results from march / April ( 7 months in )
Monobenzone is not fast , if you're hoping for quick results , then you should save your money and not use it at all. Monobenzone is know to take up to 2+ years for full result and that's with people who have vitiligo and they're immune system also helping. If you're not prepared to be using it for more than 1+ year , please reconsider 💗

2. Haven't been apply monobenzone recently I've been super super lazy .Normally ill use about 7 tubes in about 2 months and I've barely used two tubes in these months 😕
I've probably applied it about maybe 6 times in the past 2 months 😕. I've been incredibly lazy but ive been trying to get back into the routine . Even though I've barely been apply more white spots have been appearing and growing a lot . Normally ill use about 7 tubes in about 2 months and I've barely used two tubes in these months 😕

Legs
Stated before that my inner thigh of my left leg was nearly depiged , now my right leg has nearly caught up . Not much to really say but i guess if i start apply more by the end of the year my legs will probably be DE pigged .

Face
My face has started to get more spots even with the lack of applying . To be honest , I'm a little scared about how its growing because the is no change in my forehead but its the process i guess 😕.

Upper body and Arms
i have to admit that my upper body does frighten me as I'm barely seeing any changes there except for my neck area . i think that my upper will probably be the last to depigg .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Did you get any repigmentation spots? This is my main issue. Whenever an area turns white or close to it, my skin suddenly decides to regrow melanocytes. They start as very dark brown dots (like much darker than my original skin color) which I think are from the hair follicles, and the brown spreads from there. It doesn't completely take over all the white but takes over most of it over time, basically erasing most of my gains, and even worse leaves spots DARKER than my original skin color in places that were white just a while ago. It's been bad enough to scare me to stop on occasions. Do these areas eventually turn white permanently, with no repigmentation, if you continue to apply the mono?
OMGG , when i first started using monobenzone i got two dark spot on my wrist that are much darker than my skin tone , they haven't left yet but i heard eventually they will. I've also seen them around some of my white spots , i feel like i should worry about them but then again alot of pale people also have a lot of dark spot (freckles ) around they're body soo it doesn't worry me too much. I've been told that , what you're going through is normally the part of the process and that you should just keep on apply. I've heard that you normally get those kind of regimentation when you get sun exposure .

How long have you been using it for ?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts