Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m 4 months in now and there’s still no results, mulanii said she didn’t see results until 6-7 months in but I’m just hoping I see something soon.
Also what is your skintone and what do you mean by the “darkened stage”? I thought that was only for mequinol not mono… have you seen any results either?
I am dark skinned (a little lighter than Gabrielle Union) I am seeing some results but it's very very slow. I only apply once a day on my arms but I am thinking about applying all over my body except on sensitive areas.

As for the darkening stage, my first 2 months on monobenzone, I went really dark but it lasted for a month or so before reverting back to my original skin tone.
I have also decided to add tretinoin into the mix in the hopes that it'll speed things up for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it’s been over 6 months and going to be 7 within a week and there’s still no results. I don’t know… I’m starting to lose hope
Don't give up hun, keep going.

I added tretinoin 2 weeks ago and I think my uper body is a little bit lighter than before . Not sure if I'm just imagining it though 🤔

Honestly, this journey is not for the faint hearted. Looks like it may take us without the auto immune vitiligo 3+ years to reach our desired result 😏

Have you considered adding tretinoin into your regiment?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Update
I havent been applying monobenzone since probaly june now , since im super lazy and dont think i will until maybe next year but the main thing i came to say is a WARNING and an Update. Probably wont update again until i start using it again or if i have any major updates or tips to provide 💗. Feel free to message me if you wish .

‼‼WARNING‼‼
If you are not 100% sure you want to depig DO NOT USE IT , i havent used monobenzone in about 2/3 months and my body is still depigmenting and more spots are popping up. Soo if you are not 100% PLEASE avoid it ( especially if you have darker skin because the contast will be crazyyyyyyyy ) , if you change your mind , your body probably wont .'This journey is not for the fainted hearted ' as someone previously said . Monobenzone is NOT for the weak , the desperate , if you want fast results, it will ruin your mental health . If you are hoping to be depigged with in a year or less , then i have some horrible news for you .

Personal Update
Since i havent used monobenzone since June but i have been getting more spots popping up on my face ( alooott on my face , its a bit scary 😕) and neck , and i guess the will probably be more since , i have seen some light patches trying to form . Nothing to crazy of a difference but in certain areas i can see that there are white spots wanting to come out ( inner arms ) .Unfortunately , my belly and my chest still havent shown any sign of change at all. I suspect i might've given myself autoimmune chemical vitilgo , which im not to sure how to feel about . The positive is that i dont have to use / buy as much monobenzone since my body is on board . The negative is that your body could end up depigmenting too fast which realistically , i'd prefer for my whole body to depigment in about 2-3 years 😂😂.
I've started to question if want to continue using monobenzone because my face is depiging a lil to fast ( ive had family members point out some of my white spots on my face ) and i feel like it would be traumatising to go through the whole process of waiting for all of my body to catch up 😭😭 Like imagine if my face depigs first and the rest of my body is black 😭😭 , this is my biggest fear . Soo i might not use it again for a good 6 months or until i feel like other parts of my body are showing signs of depigmenting .

Tips
1.This is a tip for better mental health but when using monobenzone dont have a specific time frame of when you're hoping for results and just keep on applying knowing that you will eventually depig otherwise you will get extremely depressed and well i've been there and its horrible . Just keep on applying it and move on with your day , you'll eventuallly see results.

Not sure if anyone else will agree but i think Tretinon is pretty useless and probably wont buy it again , only actually used it because it made applying monobenzone easier. Instead just exfoliate , which is kind of the point of tretinon . Remember Monobenzone doesnt work through the skin like hydroquinone etc , it works travels through the bloodstream , soo really you just need to keep on using it until you give yourself autoimmune vitilgo ( which is obviously better for depigmenting ) or until your body stops fighting it .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Mini Update :
Kinda having a heart attack , my upper lip hair , some of it is growing back grey / white / whatever depiged hair color is 😭😭. This is terrifying because i wouldve rather my whole upper lip and eyebrows grow back white not in patches 😩.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Omg, I share your sentiment. I noticed few days back that few of my hair strands on my head are turning grey. I am only in my mid 20's 😭
I consulted with my mum and she said she did not get a single grey hair until she was 47 and her mother was similar too.

I know mine is turning grey as I recently started applying the monobenzone on my neck and chest. Currently using the 40% since one week back .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Omg, I share your sentiment. I noticed few days back that few of my hair strands on my head are turning grey. I am only in my mid 20's 😭
I consulted with my mum and she said she did not get a single grey hair until she was 47 and her mother was similar too.

I know mine is turning grey as I recently started applying the monobenzone on my neck and chest. Currently using the 40% since one week back .
How is 40% working for you ? Have you seen any massive changes / side effects ( dry skin , skin sensitivity) ? All i remember is that 40% is extremely thick and hard to apply

·
Registered
6 Posts
How is 40% working for you ? Have you seen any massive changes / side effects ( dry skin , skin sensitivity) ? All i remember is that 40% is extremely thick and hard to apply
Besides the grey hairs, no other visible changes just yet. The thickness of the cream is not too bad actually although, I tend to apply a tiny bit of tretinoin or a drop of water to it and that has helped with the blending.
No skin sensitivity anymore ( thank God ! ) but I did experience extreme allergic reactions with the 20% when I had just started using monobenzone .
( Extreme itch , excruciating painful dermatitis and flakiness all over my body. It was incredibly painful and I had to be put on antibiotics for few weeks) . I had to stop using the product for few months before going back to it.

I'm currently on my second week of using the 40% so I'll update the group should I experience any further changes .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Besides the grey hairs, no other visible changes just yet. The thickness of the cream is not too bad actually although, I tend to apply a tiny bit of tretinoin or a drop of water to it and that has helped with the blending.
No skin sensitivity anymore ( thank God ! ) but I did experience extreme allergic reactions with the 20% when I had just started using monobenzone .
( Extreme itch , excruciating painful dermatitis and flakiness all over my body. It was incredibly painful and I had to be put on antibiotics for few weeks) . I had to stop using the product for few months before going back to it.

I'm currently on my second week of using the 40% so I'll update the group should I experience any further changes .
Sending you Good luck and hope you get results

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
DISCLAIMER(Please read before actually thinking about using it )*DIDNT SPELLCHECK
I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE OF MONOBENZONE . I AM NOT PROMOTING THE USE OF IT EITHER . I ALSO WOULD'NT RECCOMEND ANYONE TO USE IT AT ALL . This is just a forum to record my results and hopefully for others who are already using it to also share their results and hopefully help /warn someone as there is not alot of long term information on the use of monobenzone on normal skin , so i thought id be the one to do that ( since i already want to use it ) . I am 100% truthful in everything that i do post , if i do have a change of mind in what ive reccommended to be used / or change of mind in something i've said i'll say so, i do not want to lead people astray / misinform people especially when using something like monobenzone that has the ability to ruin your life.

FAQ(Questions i get asked alot )
  • " I've been using Benoquin for 4/5/6 months and havent gotten results " - There is no advice that i or anyone can give for results to speed up or to be seen . Please understand that no excessive exflotion , Tretinoin , occulasion , vitamin c , staying out of the sun , apply more ( maybe could help ) will bring results faster . Remember that Monobenzone does not work like other skin lightening products , it affects the immune system , please know that Monobenzone is basically a "disease " / "pathogen " that your body is trying to fight off from killing your cells . The function of the immune system , soo the longer the results i guess you should be thankful that your immune system is strong. When using Monobenzone ,you are essentialy hoping/ giving yourself an auto immune disease ( chemical induced auto immune vitilgo ). You just have to wait it out tbh.
  • " Can i just use Monobenzone for a couple of months until i lighten to the shade i want ?" - MONOBENZONE IS NOT A LIGHTENER , ITS A DEPIGMENTING AGENT. Monobenzone doesnt inhibit your melanin cells like HQ , Kojic acid , steriods it KILLS them . *Even though i said in the past my skin lightened , i'll be 100% truthful and say I couldve been my mind playing tricks on me to feel better / it was just my summer tan going away.

‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼MAJOR MAJOR THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE USING MONOBENZONE ‼‼‼‼‼‼‼
  • The more darker your skin speciaffically black and south asians ,make sure that this is your last option , the last of the last option . Take atleast 1+ years to consider . Please know that the affect of depigmentation will be more harsher and probably more truamatising due to the fact that dark skin and depiged skin will have an enormous contrast , soo even if you want to stop mid way , you'll be left with a horrible contrast and monobenzone effects are known to be perament.

• Seconding the first point , especially if you're black , this is something i'll ask you to ask yourself " Will my features match pale white skin ? " like it or not Caucasians especially those with extremely pale skin have certain features and if you dont consider you could end up looking just like an albino ( if thats what you want then , you're good ). You'd probably want to consider a rhinoplasty etc . For me personally , a rhinoplasty is on/off the table , id say that my lip size wouldnt match pale white skin . This is something to consider because plastic surgery is a big thing and well you could be on your journey for a long painful time .

• USE HYDROQUINONE INSTEAD , I mightve said that i'm not a fan of it but Hydroquinone is the shit and should be favoured over monobenzone without a second thought , it works fast and lightens well , with less long term pyshcial and psychologhical pain . Just DONT use any african products at all , cant stress this enough , like i really really cant . If you're here considering monobenzone , then you have the money to seek out a dermotologist / buy the powder and have someone formulate your cream with knowing all the ingredients and having a helping hand . When i say hydroquinone i mean 4%+ . Yes the african creams do work fast ( i will not discredit them )
African Creams to avoid like the plague if you're thinking of using it ( just avoid then all ) :
  • Caro white
  • Bio claire ( Satan in a cream )
  • Dodo White up
  • Anything in a Tube
  • Anthing that ends in "ovate"
  • Carotone
  • White secret
This Creams do give fast results but you'll end up looking bleached out within a couple of weeks , with dark knuckles , burnt lips , dark spots and a cocoa cola body and a fanta face . Dont embarrass yourself like this , because we can all tell when you're using them ( speaking from experience )😭😭.

• Know that Monobenzone is not for the weak and its not something you should experiment with AT ALL, even though i said a year ago ," i wont care if i get spots or patches because i can just using tanning lotion to cover them " , ngl i might not even continue my journey because im quite literally scared of truamatising myself , yall ive hated the way ive looked for soo long already , even though i have quite alot of white spots and patches on my face , i have to say i do feel happy with how i look😕. When you're actually in the progress of depigmenting and realise that your body could just depig one area at a time and you can end up with a depigmented face but a pigmented arms , neck and legs for months / years , its a pretty scary thought , that can make you reconsider the whole thing. E.G . my face is has spots and patchs on my cheeks , chin and around my mouth but no sign of change on my forehead and my nose , the thought of the possibilty that the lower half of my face could completly depig but my nose and forehead wont is truely frightening , even though i dont really have a choice anymore as my face is literally getting new spots and patches every week , its still something that i fear . When people say that they have become suicidal because of monobenzone , i think everyone should take it quite literally << this is where im afraid of getting , even though if i do go through with the rest of my journey ill probably experience it a couple times , its never ever a nice place to be .

• YOU WILL DEPIG IN PATCHES THERES LITERALLY NO WAY AROUND IT . Dont try using monobenzone and then be alarmed when you get white patches . Its literally its Job????

• Dont think that monobenzone is the easy way out from HQ or using topicals / suppliments , dont do that to yourself . The intial time to even actually see basic results ( non vitilgo people ) is 7+ months , monobenzone is know to take 2+ years to depig actually vitilgo people , ask yourself are you actually ready to wait 2+ years to have white skin , while having to endure looking like you have vitilgo for possibly 2+ years ??

• If you're already super self concious / extremely insecure / suffer from deppression / anxiety / desperate to be white fast i'll defiently stay far far far faaaaaaar away from monobenzone , since you're already have a quite fragile state of mind , the whole process will 99.9% make you suicidal 😕.

• I personally will say the best way to use monobenzone ( not really pratical advice , until you've used it for 8 months - 1+ years and have tangible results ) is to just apply it , dont have a set time / year / event etc for being depiged and just live your life without worrying when it will happen . ( this was advice i saw on "askhelpdesk" which took me a long to actually implement in my own life )

PLEASE DO NOT ASK " IVE BEEN USING IT FOR '... months ' AND I HAVENT SEEN RESULTS "

This is all i have to say at the moment , if i have more i'll defiently add it on later , if i do continue using it ( most probably will ) i will also update that . If you are thinking of using monobenzone / using it , my inbox is always open if you want to ask anything 💗

*Tattiana Sforza if you're seeing this , HEEEEYYY , I love you channel and thanks for not being judgemental/mean in your video it really means alot .💗

61 - 71 of 71 Posts