Borrowing lordm's recipe, I melted together some

>shea butter
>cocoa butter
>jojoba oil
>coconut oil (actually a butter)
>beeswax
>almond oil
>orange essential oil

Before it cooled completely I spread some of the warm butter mixture on my skin...wow does that feel good. The beeswax (available at most local health food stores) makes it a little stiffer than lordm's recipe and helps seal the oils in the skin.

It's even nice for lips with the addition of the beeswax. And lots cheaper than those tiny little pots of lip balm. I added orange, but any essential oil would be nice. I melt a little in a cup in the microwave and smooth it on while it's warm but not hot....oh heaven!
It makes the aches melt away!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Fawnie can you give the amount of each oil and beeswax etc?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure goat!

Half a 6 oz jar each of Cocoa Butter with Jojoba Oil (Now Foods), and Shea Butter (Now Foods)
A thumb sized piece of pure beeswax
A Tbsp of Almond Oil
A Tbsp of Coconut Oil

any other additives of choice, such as:
A half tsp of orange essential oil or any oil of choice for fragrance
A half tsp of Green Tea extract from Skinactives.com
Contents of a vit E gelcap

Microwave in Pyrex bowl until liquid, stir to blend and cool slightly. Pour into two 4 oz widemouth jars to solidify.
Amounts of each oil can be adjusted to vary the consistency. More beeswax will make the mixture stiffer and less pliable.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Awesome I have most of the ingredient already! Sounds like an awesome lip balm. I would love to try it with peppermint oil.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And what about some goat's milk in there! Maybe powdered?

Believe me, anointing yourself and your loved ones with warm oil is very soothing and sensuous! It seems to be absorbed better when it's warm and liquid and also the beeswax needs to be melted to spread better.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Thanks fawnie, this sounds fun!! Will let you know how it turns out-

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Thank you fawnie, you always think of us on SCT
and we love you for that !
YES we DO Fawnie!!! Your the best! Thanks for all your recipes and knowledge, on everything from soup to nuts!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts