Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? I like to exercise in the morning so I usually wash my face after when i'm showering. But I feel like adding sweat and dirt to already-dirty skin is bad. So is it too much to wash it before and after?? Or just use toner before?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i wash before working out and usually just rinse with water afterwards to remove the sweat and salt. i like your idea of using a toner, but again, i would use it after my workout.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
For me, I splash before I exercise. Wash after, when I shower to get the sweat off. I wash again at night before bed, and then tone.

Really do what ever works, just don't wash too much with cleanser.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Just wash your face after you workout. You're going to sweat, so what's the point of washing if you're going to wash again in an hour. If anything, washing twice in quick succession is just as bad, if not worse than just waiting until after the workout.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think if you have oily or problem skin, using a gentle cleanser or toner BEFORE is helpful to alleviate at least some of the dirt and bacteria before you start sweating and adding to the mix! Same with back and chest. Dry skin can probably get away with cleansing after only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i suppose if you are working out in the morning before doing anything else, there isn't much point in cleansing first. i am a late in the day workout-er and i have to cleanse before. otherwise i have makeup and grime on my face and i dont think that is good to sweat in. plus it scares people to see mascara running down my face... eek!! lol after my workout i just rinse with water to wash away the sweat and salt.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I do both. I like to wash it before because I sweat a lot at the gym and if I don't wash it I just feel sticky. I wash it after because I want to get the slimy sweat off of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts