Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in everything from yogurt to carbonated drinks to ketchup and it's nasty! It's a refined carbohydrate and is instantly metabolized, producing spikes and troughs in blood sugar. It's hidden everywhere to extend the shelf-life of products, even in products that don't "require" sweetening.

Even supposedly "healthy" foods like Activia yogurt contain it.

Read labels and avoid it.

Is Fructose Dangerous?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep Fawnie,

In my opinion, your right on the dime with that and from everything I read one of the major causes of the aging process is elevated insulin levels and that stuff elevates insulin levels big time.

If anyone is interested, Dr Mercola MD has a site mercola.com that will spell it all out & also has a wealth of data regarding the topic and much more.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jkp! I checked out mercola.com and it looks interesting....except for the Tanning Bed for $3000 - that sounds kinda wack. On the one hand he promotes it for anti-wrinkle (sounds like LED therapy) but then he talks about "tanning"....
Do you know what he is talking about???

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx fawnie and jkp33, I have been diagnosed as having 'Fructose Malabsorption' and found the links helpful. If you come across anything else about fructose please let us know.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
that is going to be really difficult living in the city, everything even organic restaurants believe it or not use some amount of high fructure corn syrup and xanthum gum to keep their food fresh throughout the day. Time to start brown bagging it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dr. Oz from Oprah says that high fructose corn syrup basically turns straight into fat in our system, it never even has a chance of providing energy to us. It's the root of all evil!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts