Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems every time I go to a website, there are the same exact ads for wrinkles, weightloss, and teeth whitening. They all say the same thing...

How a mom from (insert your state here) with a wonderful husband and 2 great kids eliminated wrinkles in only 2 weeks for free with these 2 products.

How a (insert your state here) mom with a wonderful husband and 2 great kids whitened her teeth for free with these 2 products.

Learn the trick discovered by a (insert your state here) mom to whiten teeth at home for free.

Obviously, there are millions of suckers out there purchasing these nasty products because the ads are everywhere!

There are 2 problems with this. One is that they more than likely do not work. You are recieving teeth whitening products that actually damage your teeth and you can't possibly eliminate wrinkles in 2 weeks!

Second and most importantly, in order to get your free month trial for each of the products, you must enter your credit card info and you will be charged monthly for the product after the first month. They tell you that you can cancel any time but there are thousands of complaints from people being charged for months and months after canceling.

Don't fall for this scam.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but I doubt anyone on here clicks on the spam links and falls for that.

If anyone falls for it and takes their "free trial" and gives their credit card numbers, perhaps they should be taken for being careless.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
that is why I hate cyber shopping + the shipping cost (ouch), you don't know who you really dealing with. I like when you can send a money order but those online stores are rare. larachem.com for Glycolic accept money order, too bad they don't have TCA

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I am very cautious when it come to my credit card,.......... except at the moment, it is lost-
so no worries, I won't be falling for this scam-

On, a serious note, thanks for the heads up. I NEVER would give my credit card info for a free trial anyways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got suckered into a vitamin ad. It took my bank months to get my money back. I sent the product back before the deadline, but there was small writing that said I only had 2 wks, yet it was a month trial.Anyway I was fortunate enough to get my money back and I'll never do that again !

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes, sorry you all had to go through that but at least we have learned. I stopped giving my credit card out to anyone but reputable referred companies when I somehow didn't read that fine print, after purchasing a 9$ cd, that I was agreeing to them charging me 47$ monthly for a "subscription"

My dad's answer to this was to cancel your credit card. Ok, once this is fine but I don't want to do that again. And when they won't return calls either

I do keep a pre paid card for that reason only. They can charge the card once and that's all that is left on the card, what is used for that item only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think the bank ever got the money back, they said they had several cases for the same company, it happen to be a company that Oprah sued for using her name. The only reason I ordered the vitamins was her name was attatched to it. Guess some companies are willing to take the risk. It was a huge scheme.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by christy

ARTISTRYÂae Crème LuXury puts the power of youth at your fingertips to help skin act up to 15 years younger!!!!

Where other prestige anti-aging crèmes stop, ARTISTRY Crème LuXury begins. Bringing together the ultimate skin care experience and scientific innovation, Crème LuXury puts the power of youth at your fingertips, helping skin act up to 15 years younger. Its new patent-pending CellEffect technology re-energizes skinâ€2122s youth with an ingredient so powerful and rare that itâ€2122s worth 30 times its weight in gold.

Fight aging from within and unlock the secret to younger-acting skin with age-reversal benefits only available from ARTISTRY. Experience unparalleled performance and the ultimate indulgence in skin transformation.

Women who tried Crème LuXury reported astonishing results:
93% experienced smoother skin.
88% experienced a more youthful glow.
84% experienced a more radiant complexion.
81% saw fewer fine lines.
79% saw fewer wrinkles.
78% experienced younger-looking skin.
67% felt skin was firmer and lifted.

I personally loveeee this product... I am a person who spends a lot of time researching before i buy a product ! (sigh...) and nothing worked for me... But this is something that actually has some effect ! its the best anti-ageing stuff ever!

You don't happen to sell Artistry do you?? Because all of your posts refer to it-
Read the SCT rules, this is a No No-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazingly enough, it doesn't seem as if you "researched" it very much before you bought. I would hate to think that you researched it thoroughly and STILL decided to put it on your own face......let alone recommend it to everyone else to put on their face. I won't be all snarky and go into all the ingredients. One can see for one's self if they research it enough. Just check out the list of ingredients provided by Amway itself. Then.....one by one......look up all the hazardous chemicals and see for yourself. We really need to watch what we put on our skin......maybe everyone doesn't agree.....strictly my own opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts