Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Ohappydaye
and I just wanted to take some time to say hello to you all.

I'm at a boiling point with my skin and came here for help. In the past I've only joined "gadget type" forums (I'm into that kind of stuff lol) but I was watching a Proactive Infomercial yesterday and Diddy commented about how men don't have forums and chat rooms to discuss skincare and I thought "Oh my goodness! Why haven't I thought of that?" ...and I ran to my computer. It had never occured to me that such existed...I don't know why!

So here I am, overwhelmed with acne and scarring and hoping/praying to turn things around. I'm 33 years old and never had a pimple in my life (honest!) until I got pregnant with my daughter at 26. Then, WHAMMO! First it was my back - YUCK, then my face followed suit.

I've tried Aveeno acne skincare line, Proactive (my best friend bought it for me) and then started a "make shift" remedy that one of the custodians at my job recommended. That was really my low point, btw. I had gotten frustrated with the whole acne thing and decided I didn't care what my face looked like anymore. Then "Mrs. Smith" (we'll call her) stopped me in the hallway after hours one night when I was working late and started giving me skincare advice. I was appreciative of her concern and helpful spirit but it made me feel like dirt...that someone who barely knew me felt compelled to help me with my skin.
She was VERY nice about it, it just brought it home for me that people are aware and it DOES look bad. I got the "You're such a pretty girl, but why do you pick at your skin" speech.

She told me to dilute alchol with a little water and use this to clean my face and then use Cortizone-10 Maximum Strength Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream Plus 10 Moisturizers to stop the itch so I'd keep my hands off of my face. Well I tried it and just like everything else it seemed to work at first but then plateaued. I know NOTHING about skin care so I have no idea if I should have followed this advice or not.

I have finally decided to seek the help of a dermatologist. I called my insurance company yesterday to see if they covered the BLU-U procedure and it appears they do, so hopefully after my consult I can have that done. I'll keep you posted.

Mostly I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for all of the wonderful advice I've read on here so far. It has really given me hope.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I forgot to mention here (I said it in other threads) that I recently (Tuesday) bought bareMinerals and am so in love with it. Only problem is now I dread washing it off. It makes me sad to wash my pretty appearance away. I know many people have their preferences for make up, but this has really saved my life. It makes me feel pretty! Can you believe that?!

I've never been a fan of the liquid foundation...my sister threatened my life and forced me to wear it for her wedding and after the last pic was snapped I washed it off!! YUCK, felt like I was wearing wet clay!

I tried Mac's Studio Fix once and it looked nice but was a bit too powdery for me and I didn't like the idea of that flat spongey applicator so I stopped wearing that. I was only wearing it to church anyways, only one day a week. But I've worn bareMinerals EVERY day since I purchased it. I can't wait to get up in the mornings to put it on and it doesn't even feel like it's there. It's just the greatest and I love that it allows my face to breath and isn't making my skin worse!

Ok..enough of my bM commercial!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome to the fun house! Can you tell us where you bought the bare minerals? I've been thinking of trying it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the fun house! Can you tell us where you bought the bare minerals? I've been thinking of trying it.
Hi Jade! I bought my starter kit from Sephora and I am so in love with that store now. Dropped $120 in there on Tuesday. Going back tomorrow for summer bisque.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts