Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have hears waxing thins the skin is this true?? wat is better threading the face or waxing the face??

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Honestly I am not sure, I would love to try the threading but there is none around here. So I wax. But if you have the chance to try the threading I would try it. It is supposed to be pretty darn good!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Well......from doing both myself......and liking them both......I still have to say I really do like the results of waxing over the results of threading. With waxing you get a "smooth as glass" kind of feel, not to mention a little exfoliation along the way. With threading you get a smooth result, but not "smooth as glass" result-

Threading doesn't hurt, but it can leave your face a little sensitive for just a short period of time. Waxing, is just,........waxing. Apply, and rip-

I think really, it is just a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iv tried both.. and i agree with gymrat about the results.. threading leaves me with spots.. but afta hearing waxing thins the skin iv bin put off..

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I guess it depends on each individual's skin and what other products are used. If you use Retin-A or another retinoid you for sure want to stop it before waxing at least a day.
If you get bumps after threading, maybe you need a product like TendSkin to help the follicles settle down.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sooo, I decided to try threading today. I had my brows, upper lip and cheeks done. I'm a little irritated but things are smooth. I hope my skin settles down and this is a good option for my cheeks. I have the peach fuzz thing going on. My skin has been through a lot this week so I hope I didn't over due it. I used Baby Q when I got home hoping it would help with healing. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Every time I wax my face I break out in cysts. Am I not removing the wax or something? What do you use to get the last traces of wax off your skin?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Every time I wax my face I break out in cysts. Am I not removing the wax or something? What do you use to get the last traces of wax off your skin?
Fawnie, that is EXACTLY what happened to me. Right along my lower cheeks and jawline. Awful.

·
Registered
125 Posts
O Sorry to hear yu get that too!
I wash my face well before and after waxing, but I still get these horrible cysts wherever the wax has been.
Me too and that's why I decided to try threading. My face is tender but hopefully it is much gentler and my skin won't freak out. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have had both done and prefer threading. Threading is more consistent with the results;giving me perfect eyebrows every time! Waxing pulls at the skin and if you do it regularly and are dark(er) skinned, you'll notice around the eyebrow area, the skin tone gets lighter. Not only that, but the results are not always consistent. One might be a little higher or thicker,etc. And some people experience breakouts, sometimes I would get zits in between my eyebrows.

If you have sensitive skin or using Retina A, go with the threading. Threading tends to cost more though. In my area, waxing is typically $8 but threading is usually $15/20.

They both hurt though, to me anyways. The pain with threading is akin to plucking. Just depends on preference of the person what they like.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sooo, I decided to try threading today. I had my brows, upper lip and cheeks done. I'm a little irritated but things are smooth. I hope my skin settles down and this is a good option for my cheeks. I have the peach fuzz thing going on. My skin has been through a lot this week so I hope I didn't over due it. I used Baby Q when I got home hoping it would help with healing. I'll keep you all posted.
CherieV I am very fair skinned and have that peach fuzz going on and I do not like it...I bought on of those things called an Epilator, it is like a spring that you turn and pull across your face at the same time. Anyway, it's a nasty little sucker...it hurts and it takes forever. I would skip this one...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have had both done and prefer threading. Threading is more consistent with the results;giving me perfect eyebrows every time! Waxing pulls at the skin and if you do it regularly and are dark(er) skinned, you'll notice around the eyebrow area, the skin tone gets lighter. Not only that, but the results are not always consistent. One might be a little higher or thicker,etc. And some people experience breakouts, sometimes I would get zits in between my eyebrows.

If you have sensitive skin or using Retina A, go with the threading. Threading tends to cost more though. In my area, waxing is typically $8 but threading is usually $15/20.

They both hurt though, to me anyways. The pain with threading is akin to plucking. Just depends on preference of the person what they like.
The place I went today I had my brows/lip/full cheeks done for $25 USD. I noticed that my cheeks are exfoliating a bit too since the threading. All in all the pain was minimal (IPL hurts way more). I'm most curious to see if it makes my face break out like everything else. If not that would be quite a breakthrough for me.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
CherieV I am very fair skinned and have that peach fuzz going on and I do not like it...I bought on of those things called an Epilator, it is like a spring that you turn and pull across your face at the same time. Anyway, it's a nasty little sucker...it hurts and it takes forever. I would skip this one...
The EpiCare? that's the thingy I use and it works great for me. The more you use it the quicker and better you get with it. It's all in the wrists.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
The EpiCare? that's the thingy I use and it works great for me. The more you use it the quicker and better you get with it. It's all in the wrists.
Okay fawnie...I am going to sit and have a lovely Saturday night watching TV and rolling my face with a spring!

·
Registered
580 Posts
The place I went today I had my brows/lip/full cheeks done for $25 USD. I noticed that my cheeks are exfoliating a bit too since the threading. All in all the pain was minimal (IPL hurts way more). I'm most curious to see if it makes my face break out like everything else. If not that would be quite a breakthrough for me.
That is kinda inexpensive, because I know the main place I went too to get my eyebrows threaded was $18 without tips. But I found a new place that does a good job and only for $10. Threading is not know to cause breakouts, so I don't think you will.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is kinda inexpensive, because I know the main place I went too to get my eyebrows threaded was $18 without tips. But I found a new place that does a good job and only for $10. Threading is not know to cause breakouts, so I don't think you will.
I thought it was really inexpensive too. The women are Indian and I think it is a relatively new place so they want to build up their clients. The woman that did the threading really wanted me to come back!
So far so good with NOT breaking out. My skin seemed to exfoliate a bit too which is always a good thing. No irritation at all on my brows or upper lip which is nice. I'm usually nursing a burn on my brows when I have them waxed right about now.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Yes I always get threading done by someone who is of Indian decent. They do the best job!! My skin never breaks out and is as smooth as a babies

1 - 20 of 33 Posts