Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
isn't that sooooo cool?

he's my idol!! i get dibbs on the line for his autograph!!

he's a GENIOUS!!

i heard bimatoprost may also be used on top of heads soon!!! not just lashes!!

Here are some pictures- I was limited to 5-- of the various actives.
They are ( left to right) Placebo, HQ- high dose, HQ-low dose, dA -3%, Kojic acid 5%

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Madelong, is this true that you are the inventor of Bimatoprost? I believe Allergan owns that patent. Many people are using it on their scapls. Since my hair's been growing like crab grass of late, I'm not going to. Sound like a good way to help grow out unwanted bangs, though!

·
Registered
84 Posts
<grin> Yes I hold the patent- licensed by Allergan-
Are folks really using it on their head? Does it work well?
We don't have the FDA's permission to say anything about hair other than eyelashes and eyebrows.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LOL, is the for real or some type of joke, this patent biz?. Well Madelong, if it's not a joke, we are honored to have you on this forum

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is the official description: Dr. deLong was among the first to recognize the hair-growth stimulating potential of the FP-selective ligands, culminating with US Patent #7,388,029, since commercialized as the eyelash lengthener Latisse(TM).

·
Registered
84 Posts
So- now that I see there is so much unmet need out there- what do you all want next? Besides trying to kick Grindus in the butt ( and whatever European agency is sitting on the approval ) and maybe help those who have the ability to formulate it themselves ( as long as you are using it for personal use and not selling it of course).
I can also offer advice on what worked and what didn't in our animal models- and some limited human testing outside of HQ and dA.
But keep in mind a lot of these compounds are dangerous in the sense that they can be toxic and some cause permanent skin colour changes, etc. HQ works great for most folks but there are some long-term safety issues- for example.
but what else as far as new products do you want?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So- now that I see there is so much unmet need out there- what do you all want next? Besides trying to kick Grindus in the butt ( and whatever European agency is sitting on the approval ) and maybe help those who have the ability to formulate it themselves ( as long as you are using it for personal use and not selling it of course).
I can also offer advice on what worked and what didn't in our animal models- and some limited human testing outside of HQ and dA.
But keep in mind a lot of these compounds are dangerous in the sense that they can be toxic and some cause permanent skin colour changes, etc. HQ works great for most folks but there are some long-term safety issues- for example.
but what else as far as new products do you want?
It is GIRINDUS. You pronounce the "I" in german like "E" in english.

Their HP is www(dot)girindus(dot)com

Make pressure!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

For you from my mother & I, Madelong! THank you for the long fluttering eyelashes. It fills in eyebrows nicely & your formula does work on head hair (FDA notwithstanding
) It ought to be sold in bigger bottles for this purpose. For people recovering from chemo it would greatly speed their return to a full head of real hair & the confidence & sense of wellness that comes with it.

What many here would like to see is a safe, effective skin lightener that isn't a pain in the @$$ to use, doesn't cost an arm & a leg, that works rapidly & predictably & is useful on a variety of skin tones: white people seeking to undo lentigines, sun damage & melasma or going for a 'goth' look, Asians seeking to lighten, Fitz V-VI people seeking moderate to extreme lightening. The ability to choose how we want to appear is one of the 'holy grails' of cosmetology/medicine. Hair colouring agents was one such revolution making people able to look much younger or just change their appearance.

Your DA sounds promising. When do you expect to release a product into the marketplace?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Here's a question for you, if we are trying something that we are making or buying .... how long should we expect to wait to see a difference such as wrinkle products.... 1 month for cell turnover? or a week to see if there is a difference .... Some products just don't work on everyone and we waist time and money trying them all out... any ideas give or take?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did some work on anti-aging compounds as well- those you see results much more quickly than skin lightening.
We saw delta L changes of about 3 units in humans in 90 days of skin lightening in Caucasians, as the old cells die and fall off and are replaced by new ones that have less pigment in them.
and in human skin grafts (which are already hyperpigmented) a delta L of 8 units in 8 weeks.
But in anti-wrinkle I think one month should be plenty of time- since once you stimulate cell proliferation you get more rapid skin growth- no need to wait for the old cells to fall off.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I love my new long lashes. At 47 it is the first time in my life to have lashes. No amount of mascara would make any for me. I had nothing but now I do. I have been so happy about this I cannot describe the joy of it. I even like my eyes now without mascara but still use it due to it making them more "dramatic". My sister recently asked me if this stuff works so well on lashes why not hair and I said I can't see how it wouldn't help. Only problem is delivery. The bottles made for lashes are small and it would take so much of it to use. I feel for her, she is only 37 and starting to lose her hair, it is getting thin and our female cousin who is in her 40's has very thin hair I can now see her scalp. It would be great to one day have a product that gives back hair and doesn't cost a fortune to get it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Madelong,

Well, if you are who you say you are then I should welcome you too. sorry if I am a skeptic but am glad that you are taking the time to speak with us. I'm just confused, why would someone like yourself come on a lightening forum? That is like Denzel Washington or Obama coming up here? Can you post more information on the Bimatoprost and Deoxyarbutin? I had ordered some bimatoprost for my eyelashes and eyebrows so I'll have a few weeks until I receive them. I would really love to also try deoxyarbutin too, how can I purchase a sample?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Wonderful! Welcome MAdeLong. I'm waiting for a supply of generic Latisse & I am super excited!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it shows some wisdom to join a forum on skin care. He asked what we would like to see next - so I believe the benefit is doing market research. Obama would be smart to join forums where people are talking politics and keep pulse with what people are saying and doing on the subject.

In my opinion, it is smart to go where the people who are passionate about caring for their skin are.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts