Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a lot of weight, but my face is still large and it hasn't caught up to the rest of my body. How well would the Nivea Firming Lotion with Q10 work on it? Can anyone suggest anything else I could try that is cheap, fast and permanent that won't involve surgery?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It depends what you mean by big-

Is it fat or your bones? it could be your face is naturally going to be that much bigger then the rest of your body- when you lose weight, after your stomach decreases, your face is the next thing to reduce- it tends to do this quite early on in the weight loss so once its changed, it tends to stay as similar for a while.

After your weight has been low for a few months (about 6-12 months) your body naturally redistributes your weight. You may notice your face reduce but your bust to get bigger for example- the reason is that your hormones alter and your body readjusts to retaining your body weight instead of losing it- when your body loses weight, it tends to get scared its going to starve or die and so it holds on to excess fat in certain areas "for emergency".
Once it can see your not trying to lose even more weight, it will let this extra stuff go- what happens to it is that it redistributes as explained above.

If you have dieted alot in the past, it will take longer to redistribute then if its the first time you have lost alot of weight. This is because your body learns and retains information each time and holds onto as much weight as it can for as long as it can each time you try to lose weight, the result is it becomes harder and harder to lose weight, and your body retains extra weight in odd areas for longer then it did the last time.

I knew of a women friend of my mother who had gotten herself down from a UK size 22 to a UK size 14. He calves were still massive- they had only actually gone down 2 inches on each leg. After a year, they looked much more normal but it did take time and patience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi! I presume it's not bone or structure problem. Then it could be water retention or inactive drainage. Clarins face contouring or face lift is effective for drainage. The counter staff taught me a series of steps to apply. I used the contouring about a year ago. It also help to clear blemishes (for me). Brew lemongrass plus a little ginger for water retention.

feli

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Congrats Jesu on your fantastic weight loss!
As others have said, it may take a while for redistribution to happen. I don't think any topical quick fix creams are going to do anything but lighten your wallet.

Have you tried any lymphatic drainage massage or facial exercise to firm up the muscles of the face?

Skin | care | talk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts