Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so far I have 3 weddings to attend this year & I haven't lost my (post) baby weight yet

I need a jump start to see some results for motivation & am seriously considdering spending the big $ on Dr. Bernstein...

Has anyone had success with the Bernstein plan?

Has anyone tried SENSA?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dear fawnie, I think my urine is 70% green tea already!

.... Sigh ... I used to work 2 physically demanding jobs & it got me in great shape. (It also snagged my my hot "spousal equivalent -life partner-baby daddy!")

Now I'm just lumpy & frumpdiddlyumpcious

I am getting discouraged, it seems that short of busting my a$$ literally 14 hrs a day, I will never squeeze it into my pre-mommyhood jeans again ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
No Stiletto HahA! I haven't tried those! But the hula hoop and the veggie salad are helping me! And green tea. And Oxi-Cleanse.
Hi Fawnie,
what is the oxi-cleanse and by this I mean is it a weekor two week long cleanse?
Also this green tea, can any one recommend a way it does not taste like hot water and then the snapple type has so much sugar! How does a girl enjoy this green tea?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Stilletto, still with ya! I have to only be in one wedding in sept., ugh no progress for me! I'll be watching to see your progress!

·
Registered
3 Posts
By now most of us know that the only way to lose weight is diet and exercise, no short cuts. What works for me is weight lifting. I lift 3 days per week for an hour, and I lift heavy. Don't mess around with the fad diets and whimpy workouts and don't spend your time running on treadmills like a hampster on a wheel. Almost everyone can do it, when I started I could do 3 big boy push-ups now I can do 60. It really works

·
Registered
412 Posts
Me too. Wedding and 21 year reunion. Going to start ww points May 1 and stop drinking so much dam* wine! Also back to my running full force now that the days are longer and I have to wear less clothing. (not my favorite time of year!)

Burn more calories than you take in. Sounds simple enough, right??!!! NOT!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
By now most of us know that the only way to lose weight is diet and exercise, no short cuts. What works for me is weight lifting. I lift 3 days per week for an hour, and I lift heavy. Don't mess around with the fad diets and whimpy workouts and don't spend your time running on treadmills like a hampster on a wheel. Almost everyone can do it, when I started I could do 3 big boy push-ups now I can do 60. It really works
I was out of breath after 1/2 mile the first time I jogged last spring. Now I am up to 5+ miles and would and could go further if it stayed light out and my darn knees didnt ache! No shortcuts. We all know this but still want the miracle plan or cure that doesnt exist.
I am still hoping though.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This works for me:

Fatigued to Fantastic - Energy Revitalization System - Fatigued to Fantastic

It seems to give me the energy to get out and do the things I have to do, and helps with my digestion. I've lost 6 lbs in a month and definitely firmed up.

This along with hula hooping, Body Sculpt classes, and yoga, and my SuperSalad is helping!

Oxi-Cleanse is something I use every day.
http://breathing.com/oxy-cleanse.htm

Green tea is just tea - you use the leaves and hot water and drink 4 cups a day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Burn more calories than you take in. Sounds simple enough, right??!!! NOT!!!!!
Yes - reduce your caloric intake and burn more calories via exercise. But it is also important to control the types of calories you take in.

Last year I lost alot of weight (60lbs) and I did it by exercising 1/2 hour 3-4 days per week (elliptical machine) and by cutting my intake to 800-1000 calories a day. This wasn't too hard in the summer when I generally have less of an appetite. So it is an ideal time for weight loss.

I wrote down everything I ate and noted the calories, every day. I focused on proteins - mostly tuna, tofu, lentils, and nuts. I jokingly called it my "tuna and tofu" diet. I realized that if you do not maintain a good protein intake, then the weight loss on a "crash" diet will be muscle - which is undesirable and dangerous. By taking in adequate protein, I lost the fat instead.

I also cut down the carbs as much as I could. So here you have to check the food charts - some veggies are higher in carbs than others, so I avoided them and ate those that are lower in carbs. Fruits are important (and delicious) but high in sugar, so I also monitored them too.

It was during this diet that I started supplements - whey protein (to supplement my dietary protein) and greens (to give the nutrition of vegetables and fruits that I was probably missing out on).

This worked for me - I took off 60 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for 9 months now. Either this plan or some variation of it might work for you too. All the best to you.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes - reduce your caloric intake and burn more calories via exercise. But it is also important to control the types of calories you take in.

Last year I lost alot of weight (60lbs) and I did it by exercising 1/2 hour 3-4 days per week (elliptical machine) and by cutting my intake to 800-1000 calories a day. This wasn't too hard in the summer when I generally have less of an appetite. So it is an ideal time for weight loss.

I wrote down everything I ate and noted the calories, every day. I focused on proteins - mostly tuna, tofu, lentils, and nuts. I jokingly called it my "tuna and tofu" diet. I realized that if you do not maintain a good protein intake, then the weight loss on a "crash" diet will be muscle - which is undesirable and dangerous. By taking in adequate protein, I lost the fat instead.

I also cut down the carbs as much as I could. So here you have to check the food charts - some veggies are higher in carbs than others, so I avoided them and ate those that are lower in carbs. Fruits are important (and delicious) but high in sugar, so I also monitored them too.

It was during this diet that I started supplements - whey protein (to supplement my dietary protein) and greens (to give the nutrition of vegetables and fruits that I was probably missing out on).

This worked for me - I took off 60 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for 9 months now. Either this plan or some variation of it might work for you too. All the best to you.
This is good advice.

I set up something similar in concept, but completely different for a client of mine.

You can see him here:

Elite Personal Training > Testimonials > Matt Halawnicki

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys & Dolls for all your input!

Mirecka: 60 lbs in 4 months!?! Amazing - congrats! That would make me the happiest yummy mummy in town

I'm gonna drag my lazy arse to the gym right now - cheers!

p.s. LOL @ Fawnie & Periwinke

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Now I'm just lumpy & frumpdiddlyumpcious

I am getting discouraged, it seems that short of busting my a$$ literally 14 hrs a day, I will never squeeze it into my pre-mommyhood jeans again ...
Stiletto- you CAN and WILL loose your pre-mommyhood weight. It is a mindset, if you want too loose it you will. You did not gain it over night, therefore, you will not loose it over night. But don't let that discourage you. Loosing weight too fast isn't good, as the chances of gaining it back, are really high. Loose it slow, and chances are you will keep it off.

I gained 62 pounds with my first son, took me 4 years to loose it. Then, got pregnant the same year with my second son, and gained 76 POUNDS!!! I am barley 5'4!! I lost all of my weight, and then some. It took time, but I was determined. And it sounds like you are too!!

So don't give up!! And drink WATER!!!

You can do it, you can do it, if you put your mind to it, doesn't matter how you do, just do it, do it, do it!!
(yes I was a cheerleader, LOL)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts