Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know when to use a peel or exfoliant or when to bleach?

I still have darker areas and I'm trying to understand when it's better to rub in a bleaching cream or when it's better to peel?

Do this make sense? What should I be looking for to gauge?

To describe, it's almost like the areas look at bit dirty? Like a kid that been playing in dirt or as if I'm wearing a bit of mismatched darker foundation?

TIA for any advice!

·
Registered
467 Posts
i use lactic acid to peel my face and neck..i do it like once or twice a month..but i use my skin bleaching cream all the time..

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't used RA yet (I have some Retin-A .05% and Hq 4% & on the way from ADC).

I've been using Fair & Flawless Soho Parfait & Othine HQ 3% + weeklyish glycolic 35% peels.

and sunscreen..now using Anthelios 60 Melt-in.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan to buy some Lactic soon. I started with Gly because that's what they used at the spa but I keep reading that Lactic is better!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe the RA will be a help for these 'dirty' patches?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
If the body areas look dirty and seems like you have been playing in the dirt, then thats the signal for exfoliaton, That means TCA or Glycolic peels. These peels in concentrations of 18-35% for TCA and 309-50% for Glycolic will exfoliate and peel away the dirty looking skin, then after the skin heals you can go ahead and use hte RA/HQ to even out and make it glowing in no time!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks lnl! lol!

vvv me vvv

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, definitely after those TCA'd areas start peeling! Yikes! lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts