Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger, I had straight, thick luxurious hair. Then during adolescence it changed to thin hair with waves. I hate it. It gets frizzy all the time and the waves are not flattering. I'm not sure what caused the change b/c I am the only asian i know with wavy hair. Is there a way to keep the frizz and wavyness under control?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Awww....the hormones. I was told it was hormones. My middle child has the same thing going on.

I'd just experiment with some anti-frizz serums. As for staticy frizz, my hair pro...says wipe a fabric softner in hair....guess that helps with static or fly aways.

And for the wavyness.....find a good straightner product, and when you blow dry, use a brush to pull and dry it straight. If that's not enough, they you may have to use a straightening iron (I know it's alot of stuff...but). Just make sure with both the hair dryer technique and/or straightening iron...take SMALL sections.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Right on Kelly!

Really? Quite a few of my asian friends have wavy hair that they use either a blow-dryer or flat-iron to straighten. Just try products that smooth the hair and keep down frizz. You could try [Sleek looks by matrix] Matrix - Hair Products - Sleek.look. It's great for smoothing the hair. I use it whenever I want my hair smooth and sleek. Hope I helped!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I will recommend Ouidad products For Luxurious, Sexy Curls without the Frizz: Ouidad--The Curl Experts I have naturally curly hair and until I found this line for our type of hair I wanted to just chop it all off. I think wavy/curly hair is great. You might need a good hair cut w/a stylist that understands your specific hair type and needs. Don't fight it it just makes it more frustrating learn to love your waves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts