Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to save a few dollars so I ordered the LAA from SA instead of Lotion Crafter and now I can't get the blasted stuff to dissolve..........Grrrrrr..........This is no way a bad mark on SA or anything it's my own fault. Any ideas? Now I did get my DMAE figured out and I love it and SA got my goodies to me SO fast too. I even put a drop of the cucumber-melon fragrance in my DMAE cream and it smells wonderful.........

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I was trying to save a few dollars so I ordered the LAA from SA instead of Lotion Crafter and now I can't get the blasted stuff to dissolve..........Grrrrrr..........This is no way a bad mark on SA or anything it's my own fault. Any ideas? Now I did get my DMAE figured out and I love it and SA got my goodies to me SO fast too. I even put a drop of the cucumber-melon fragrance in my DMAE cream and it smells wonderful.........
I am sorry Deb, I have never order my LAA from SA before. Maybe fawnie has, I can't remember. Is it crystals? Explain. Is it not ultra fine?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gymrat, it is a fine crystal like powder. Live and learn I guess. I think it will dissolve in glycerin but I believe that makes it kind of greasy. I may have to bite the bullet and put in an order at lotioncrafter or Bulk Actives ( they have the fine powder right ? )

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It takes forever to dissolve and by then I think it has a big chance to oxidize. The sooner it dissolves and I can get it into a solution with the ferulic and vit E the better!
I got some gritty crappola L-ascorbic acid and I use it in fruit salads to prevent oxidation (turning brown) - that way it isn't a total loss.

Yeah, get the Lotioncrafter UltraFine.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fawnie, would warm water be a problem? It dissolves if you use warm water. It still takes a bit but it did dissolve.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Oh....thanks for the reminder. I got mine from Bulk Actives. :/ Sorry about your batch.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Heat/light oxidize ascorbic acid. The darker and cooler you keep it til it gets on your skin and does its work the better! You could heat it but then it uses up the MAGIC!! Not good.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts