Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
This place looks great. Glad to know that I am not the only one freakin' out about my skin! I *had* been very fortunate to get away with just some mascara and lip gloss until a couple of yrs ago....I will be 37 and my skin has gone haywire. I guess a lifetime of crappy skincare products and sun damage has caught up with me (sunblock on a daily basis when I was teenager? r u kidding? I used to lay out in the rain
)
Anyway, I have been using JI's magic mitt to remove mu followed by arcona's white tea cleanser (love it!) My pm treatment is arcona's peptide tightening serum. twice a week i use 100%pure pineapple enzyme peel and then arcona vitA serum. I make my own green tea toner mixed with aloe vera leaf extract from Aubrey's organics.
whew! seems like a lot while i'm typing!
so, here i am....looking to simplify, improve, cheapen my new skin care routine. VERY sensitive skin, 11's, crows feet, combo skin that is slowly turning more "normal" (think it's white tea cleanser). live in HOTlanta and am anxious to see how these products will withstand humidity. snowed here couple of weeks ago, have yet to see true warm weather.

enuf about me...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everybody!
This place looks great. Glad to know that I am not the only one freakin' out about my skin! I *had* been very fortunate to get away with just some mascara and lip gloss until a couple of yrs ago....I will be 37 and my skin has gone haywire. I guess a lifetime of crappy skincare products and sun damage has caught up with me (sunblock on a daily basis when I was teenager? r u kidding? I used to lay out in the rain
)
Anyway, I have been using JI's magic mitt to remove mu followed by arcona's white tea cleanser (love it!) My pm treatment is arcona's peptide tightening serum. twice a week i use 100%pure pineapple enzyme peel and then arcona vitA serum. I make my own green tea toner mixed with aloe vera leaf extract from Aubrey's organics.
whew! seems like a lot while i'm typing!
so, here i am....looking to simplify, improve, cheapen my new skin care routine. VERY sensitive skin, 11's, crows feet, combo skin that is slowly turning more "normal" (think it's white tea cleanser). live in HOTlanta and am anxious to see how these products will withstand humidity. snowed here couple of weeks ago, have yet to see true warm weather.

enuf about me...
let me expand...my skin tone is becoming very even and smooth with above products. i am avoiding preservatives, as i believe they irritate my skin. any input on simplifying, or lessening my expense would be greatly appreciated! now on to my next issue...

Broken Capillaries!!!!!!!!! HELP!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Allycat--if you are manually exfoliating this can be causing broken capillaries. I have had this problem. I was using what I thought was my own invention of enough "skin damage" to at home resurface with the aid of copper peptides. I scrubbed my skin raw with the rough end of a scouring sponge. Long story short my skin is worse than ever and was being irritated by all the product I used and now is in pretty bad shape. I have seen some improvement since I stopped and now only use a loofah, Donnel 20 skin lotion (20% glycolic) and copper peptides. I also am using Eucerin Intensive Repaid and Aquaphor. My skin has gotten very crepy as well. The broken capillaries seem to be retreating now that I stopped over-exfoliating. I am not sure if that can be your issue too as I never used the magic mitt but heard it is super exfoliating.

Like you I am 37 now---it is so weird because you are just like me. I always looked younger than my age, have spent YEARS in tanning beds and in the sun baking and never saw a negative effect then suddenly, other than the freckles which the sun always covered, I have seen my skin go crepy and age almost overnight! I think my aggressive approach is part of the reason to be honest. That and my ongoing sun addiction I am currently weaning myself from. I would go quicker but hate how my skin looks without color so I am trying to stay somewhat colored until the skin is a bit less blotchy.

The strange thing is that at 27 I saw my first signs of aging when most people claim 25 is the year, and now at 37 I see the second more serious wave. The first wave was just fine lines that were easily remedied, now it is my entire body skin, neck skin, facial skin--all over!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input ladies!

funny thing, while the overall condition of my skin has improved since using my new products, the capillaries seem to have gotten more pronounced. i thought this was b/c since i had less blotchiness that they had just become more noticeable. ugh!-maybe they're worse?!?

so, i will try skipping the mitt. and i only use the peel twice a week. no other exfoliating that i know of.

interesting link, Fawnie. most interesting "One such agent is escin, a substance found in horse chestnut. Escin strengthens veins and capillaries by blocking enzyme called hyaluronidase. Blocking hyaluronidase prevents the breakdown of proteoglycans, which are important structural component of venous and capillary walls" uhhh....is this related to hyaluronic acid that is in a lot of skin care products? will do some research.

will let ya know

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The exfoliation gave me a couple on my face they have lessened since I stopped over-exfoliating. I was really scrubbing though with the a scouring pad more or less. I have just come back from Whole Food Markets (why every time you walk in there it costs and arm and a leg?). Anyway I bought a slew of skin care products at others suggestions---Jojoba Oil (this works best to superficially diminish crepy skin but obviously I know it is a band-aid on a wound!) I also got a massage "goo" for lack of a better term, very greasy, tried it on one arm, it has Virgin Coconut Oil and Jojoba in combination and works somewhat well but not as good as Jojoba Oil alone--then I got Vitamin C from Twin Lab (liquid form). I know it is for oral intake but since it has glycerin I am going to try it on my face and neck. I also got an Oatmeal and Jojoba mask/scrub---will do that tomorrow! I also bought Burt's Bees Carrot Healing Lotion---it has everything good in it and is supposed to "heal sun-drenched damaged skin".

I will let you know if any work miracles. I now use more product than most places sell!

·
Registered
9 Posts
let me expand...my skin tone is becoming very even and smooth with above products. i am avoiding preservatives, as i believe they irritate my skin. any input on simplifying, or lessening my expense would be greatly appreciated! now on to my next issue...

Broken Capillaries!!!!!!!!! HELP!
Can you tell me more about this arcona vit-a serum and tightining. I've been searching for skin care products that contains vit-a.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Marigrace,

Have read the reviews on Glimpse yet? I have had great success with it along with some of my friends. Comes with the Mangosteen Pericarp Oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
marigrace,
the serum is wonderful! I have incredibly sensitive skin and this is the only stuff with retinol that doesn't freak my skin out. I have noticed a dramatic reduction in sun damage and MY CROWS FEET ARE GONE! they have simply vanished and you can actually see them disappearing shortly after you put it on.
I almost exclusively use Arcona but i'm afraid my bank account won't support this for much longer. However, the VitA serum and White Tea Cleanser will be a permanent part of my routine.

Enjoy! You will absolutely love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
marigold, i was referring to the VitA serum. I like the Peptide serum, but i'm going to look for a less expensive option since the VitA works wonders.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello,

I've just joined you all at Skincare Talk and I'm looking forward to reading all the queries and answers and hopefully being able to contribute to some of the discussions.
I've been using the same skincream for over 30+ years and my skin looks good [so far]. I don't buy expensive creams and have never been taken in by all the hype that surrounds the skincare industry.
What do other people think?

Warmest regards,

redrose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts