Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I found this forum while looking into facial exercise and I'm currently doing the flex effect and ageless routines.

I'm 38 and can look pretty tired and haggard most of the time from lack of sleep.

So, I'm interested in the Baby Quasar as I see pretty good results from posts on this board and the EDS board (which I found through this board). My question is this, is this better than the Pretika unit? I know the Pretika unit isn't as strong, but is the big price difference really worth it? I don't have too much time to spend on this because I have 4 small kids and I'm already doing the exercises, but if the results are worth it, I'll squeeze the time and money in.

I've done Restalyne (sp?) for under the eyes and not happy with the results so I'm doing the facial exercises to build up the hollows more. I've also done the Cool touch laser under my eyes and was happy with the results.

I get regular microdermabrasions and my aesthetician throws in light therapy every once in a while and I love the results so I really want to get an at home unit.

Thanks so much for any advice and help, Sam.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
What kind of products are you using on your skin? Cleansers, lotions, serums, etc?

Also, Restylane under your eyes? I have never heard of this being done before. Painful? I have used restylane for my labial folds, and on a few acne scars.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
If you are already doing exercise/massage I wouldn't think you'd need the BabyQ too. Wait and see how it goes. The massage should rev up the circulation of your skin enough.

If you decide you can't live without LED, get a decent one, not a cheapie. Kassy at EDS likes her AALightStim device. There was a comparison done over there listing the various brands and their pros/cons. Take a look at that before buying!

Especially if you get regular salon treatments, that should be enough!
Welcome!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for products, it's kind of a mix because I start using one line and after a while my skin doesn't respond but here's what I'm currently using:

cleanser is a glycolic wash from my dermatologist. I think it's 10% glycolic

lotion during the day is ROC or a Chanel serum or Oil of Olay's regenerist

night lotion is either Dermalogica power rich or Oil of Olay regenerist night cream, or ROC night cream

for eyes I use Teamine or Chanel's precision ultra eye cream (nothing seems to work)

So, now that I see my products in print, I can see they're all over the place so any recommendations here would be great too.

I don't have lines yet, but I have those nasty hollows under my eyes in addition to my 'jowls' are starting to show on my square shaped jaw (not pretty).

Yes, the restylane under the eyes was kind of crazy. Imagine the doctor poking you under the eye several times and there's not much fat or muscle to pad it. She did a good job and my eyes appeared brighter, but the results didn't seem to last more than a few months and I since I have a high pain threshold, I'd do it again, but I don't want to be on the hook money or time-wise for those treatments.

Oh, and I also use a Clarisonic brush once a day that I really like.

Thanks, Sam.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well what I would do is cut back with the Glycolic wash. Maybe use that every other day or ever 3 days. Use a gentle cleanser in between. Clarisonic brush can be pretty rough on your skin as well. I definately wouldn't use that everyday and not with the glycolic wash. And I believe the ROC has retinol in it doesn't it? It sounds like too much exfoliation going on to me.

Maybe try incorporating a few oils. Jojoba, rosehip seed oil, or grapeseed oil all work really well and are very good for moisturizers. I know a few use the oils for massage after they do facial exercises.

Alot of use Vit C serum that we make at home. That might be something you could try using as well. OR even Retin A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both for your help and I will incorporate your suggestions! Take care, Sam.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sasue
Keep up with the FE and Ageless! The undereye massage that Deb teaches with FE should help fill in the undereye hollows...I know just what you mean and am working on that myself. You can feel the tissues thickening up with your own fingers once you start doing this little technique.

Tell me more about the Cool Touch laser for under the eyes....what did it take care of for you??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fawnie,

Thanks for all of the info. The face exercise gives me some hope for the hollows. I have bad sinus issues and I'm even rinsing them to help alleviate under eye circles and puffiness too. I've only been doing the exercises for about a week and a half and I already have a cute dimple on my right cheek I never had before

The cool touch took care of some wrinkling that I was getting right under my eyes and crinkles that would stay after I smiled. I would notice that my makeup and coverup (when I have time to put it on) would run into these lines. Especially if I smiled a lot. The skin just looks smoother and tighter now. It was a series of 4 treatments at about $300 a treatment. It can be done for wrinkling anywhere on the face.

Not knowing anything about these procedures, I asked my dermatologist about botox to deal with these wrinkles and she suggested the cool touch because she thought it would give me better results and more bang for my buck.

They put a numbing gel on for about 15 to 30 min prior, then they use a wand like device that's hooked up to this laser machine. It feels like someone is snapping you with a rubber band. For my second treatment I got smart and took two Aleve and that helped with the pain. For my eyes they went under the whole under eye area and sides about three times for each eye. I liked it and may do it again as I think there's maintenance when I see things starting to go south again, but it's a bit pricey for me right now and I think a lot of sleep would help me right now too.

Again, thank you all so much for the info. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable here, it's great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I found this forum while looking into facial exercise and I'm currently doing the flex effect and ageless routines.

I'm 38 and can look pretty tired and haggard most of the time from lack of sleep.

So, I'm interested in the Baby Quasar as I see pretty good results from posts on this board and the EDS board (which I found through this board). My question is this, is this better than the Pretika unit? I know the Pretika unit isn't as strong, but is the big price difference really worth it? I don't have too much time to spend on this because I have 4 small kids and I'm already doing the exercises, but if the results are worth it, I'll squeeze the time and money in.

I've done Restalyne (sp?) for under the eyes and not happy with the results so I'm doing the facial exercises to build up the hollows more. I've also done the Cool touch laser under my eyes and was happy with the results.

I get regular microdermabrasions and my aesthetician throws in light therapy every once in a while and I love the results so I really want to get an at home unit.

Thanks so much for any advice and help, Sam.
Have you tried the skynICELAND Icelandic relief? It has rice peptides, vitamin K, mandarin peel and kelp in it. The rice peptides are the any wrinkles, the vitaim k is for circulation that helps with lightening any darkness and the manderin reduces puffiness. I think the kelp is for inflamation. It is an active products so you feel a sensation when applied.

I have now tried the baby quasar red and actually feel that it is a wonderful product. Results do not take long to see, purchase from someone that has a return policy so that you are not stuck with it.

I noticed that you are doing a lot of exfoliation, so that could actually be working against you. I would really suggest that if you are going to start light therapy, modify some of what you are already doing. Over exfoliation is not that good for your skin. Your esthetician can recommend a simplified program for you if you tell her about your time constraints. There are also some companies like Sephora, dermstore and skinstrore that offer free consultations on that stuff so you may want to give them a try too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts