Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ton of questions up full body skin care. First off, is it necessary for a teenager to take a shower every day for good skin care? How often should I exfoliate and moisturize? Is there a dramatic difference between skin cleanser and soap? And how do I tell my skin type?

Please, please, please help! Any input is GREAT!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh Rebel, There are tons of questions, and I sure don't have all the answers for you.
I can point you to a site that has some good info though, so you might be able to sort it out:

Basic skin care routine

Please let me know if it helps or just raises more questions! Maybe some of us can help with it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for pointing out the site! It answers most of the questions, including the one that will probably make the biggest difference (how often I shower). I take great care of my face, but I can't say the same for the rest of my body. Do you think exfoliating once a week would be okay? And could I use shea butter as a moisturizer?

Thank you for helping. I really did need to find the answers to those questions!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI Rebel
Do you mean exfoliating the BODY once a week? Of course! A loofah can be had very cheaply and works fine.
And shea butter would make a great moisturizer on damp skin.
I just use soap - it's cheap - but some ppl like the liquid body cleansers in the shower since they don't melt. A shower should be a luxurious experience so do whatever you like and make it enjoyable!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Rebel!
I use a Dead Sea salt scrub (or plain salt/oil) once a week & have been using pure unrefined organic shea butter as an all over body moisturizer for 6+ months with great results!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I think the dead sea salts are scrub we actually nicked some of the mud when coming back when israel ages ago which is so good too! Do you use it on your face stiletto i dont personally as worried my slight sensative skin wont like it!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
sorry to sound like a total nutter, but what does body scrub serve for? I don't use any body scrub or exfoliator!! I think they will be too harsh on the body won't they???

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi i have to get back to it but however i would recomend looking up some basic skin care advice on the smart skin sight and also may be investing in libary book and doing research on net!

You should always exfoliate at least once a week to get rid of dead skin cells! You have to be careful when looking after skin to treat it properly by doing the basics then adding the extras! Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, oil, moisturizers whatever really just check you are doing this correctly! You dont want to aggrivate your skin!

Anyhow gotta get back to it, have nice weekend

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi i have to get back to it but however i would recomend looking up some basic skin care advice on the smart skin sight and also may be investing in libary book and doing research on net!

You should always exfoliate at least once a week to get rid of dead skin cells! You have to be careful when looking after skin to treat it properly by doing the basics then adding the extras! Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, oil, moisturizers whatever really just check you are doing this correctly! You dont want to aggrivate your skin!

Anyhow gotta get back to it, have nice weekend
Thanks. have a nice wkend too, NY.

one thing still puzzles me though so we have to exfoliate our body too and wat abt toning the body?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi i dont tone the body personally but i have dry skin so thisi is very different to oily! Yes i exfoliate all over and put moisturizer creams all over and oils, i have very dry though and do this to leave my skin soft as poss and i enjoy the pampering too but i would not like to recomend for oily.

However it might be wise to invest some of your time into reading up on skin care, anti aging etc that way you know what is best for your own skin, i know what my one is like but only you can really know what is best for your skin type, laters!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks. have a nice wkend too, NY.

one thing still puzzles me though so we have to exfoliate our body too and wat abt toning the body?
To get the dry skin off, increase the circulation which helps the skin (the largest organ of the body) throw off wastes that accumulate, help the absorption of moisturizers, and just generally feel good!

I spray after bathing with a vitamin C serum before using avocado/jojoba oil on my body. It makes it very smooth and soft!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I haven't replied in the last two days, I was very preoccupied. But I'm also very happy to hear that shea butter and soap work! I'm getting gladder and gladder that natural foods store is just in town...

Pumi, I don't think it'll hurt your skin that much to exfoliate it once a week. Of course, you shouldn't take it from me because I'm the one who had to freakin' ask whether I needed to exfoliate at all or even take a shower every day, so don't take my word for it. But I heard of this oatmeal exfoliator that is really for the face, but I guess if you really wanted to you could use it as a full body exfoliator...although it might be weird to have oatmeal all over your body. Anyways, I'm sure if you just looked up easy on skin exfoliators on the web, tons of websites would pop up.

Thank you for the product suggestions! I will definitely take them into consideration!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts