Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to know of any quality websites I can order skincare products from. I have noticed that many sites ie: drugstore.com rip canadians off in the sense that they only offer free shipping and favourable conditions like this to US citizens. Drugstore.com would be perfect if i lived in the States but I live in Canada. Does anyone know of any sites that offer free shipping to Canadians or at least offer discounts and such? I just don't want to have to spend more on shipping than on the products I want to purchase. In the long run this would eat me up. Thanks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Canderm has links to the Neostrata site (canderm makes this line). They offer a range of excellent products.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks for the links. I checked them out

One product I happened to find which I'm interested in is Coq10 Wrinkle Defense Serum (Avalon Organics) from canadadrugsuperstore.com. I know for a fact that this is a vital ingredient in maintaining healthy skin.

Essentialdayspa.com--> I did a quick search for retinol and a bunch of products did appear (Benev Retinol Cream (1.0oz / 30g) $90.00 CAD ) From what I gather retin-a, which is a synthetic derivative of vitamin A, is only accessible through a prescription. I don't know if I would even want to bother with all the hassle, unless of course it is definately worth it to get a doc to write a rx.

I currently apply cleansers and moisturizers in the mornings and at night. I guess my question is, is it alright to use all these products at the same time, meaning in the same day?

-coq10
-retinol
-alpha hydroxyl acids

I mean apart from a healthy diet, I think these are the only types of products I should be using. There are so many different varieties but if I have these covered what else do I need? How to use them is something I would worry about later on, for now I just want to have a skincare routine down. I want to know what products to use and where to purchase them so maintaining a healthy look can be as common as eating dinner!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Why would any company have such an issue shipping to Canada? I have heard it mentioned before but unless it is something to do with customs (like confiscating goods) the two countries share a telephone system, electricity, tv (largely) and all else I do not see why it is such an issue for these companies to ship there! I order things from Canada all the time!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use a really generic type of sunscreen. I have not been really cautious about my skin until recently. My goal from this point forward is to start protecting my skin with only high quality products no more cheap stuff. I currently use LIFE, so I don't know how great that is but I do know that when I don't apply any and I go play tennis, I get burnt pretty bad. So you're suggestion an SPF of at least 20 and nothing less?

Lexi, if I may ask where exactly do you order from I am interested?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I use a really generic type of sunscreen. I have not been really cautious about my skin until recently. My goal from this point forward is to start protecting my skin with only high quality products no more cheap stuff. I currently use LIFE, so I don't know how great that is but I do know that when I don't apply any and I go play tennis, I get burnt pretty bad. So you're suggestion an SPF of at least 20 and nothing less?

Lexi, if I may ask where exactly do you order from I am interested?
Pedro,
I would use this for playing tennis:
French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details
Not greasy and it should stay on even when sweating. It's been test-driven in Atlanta, Georgia, so it should work in Ca!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I might eventually try getting a prescription from my doctor. The prices at alldaychemist look pretty good. I'm in my middles 20s I know very little about Retin-A and if there is a certain age when to start using it. I don't have crows feet but I do have wavy lines on my forehead and I want to keep the skin around my eye tight.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think I might eventually try getting a prescription from my doctor. The prices at alldaychemist look pretty good. I'm in my middles 20s I know very little about Retin-A and if there is a certain age when to start using it. I don't have crows feet but I do have wavy lines on my forehead and I want to keep the skin around my eye tight.
Oh then you probably don't need Retin-A Pedro, unless you have acne! Here's an explanation of what to do in your 20's:

Skin care in your twenties

Just stick to the sunscreen:
French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details

And maybe a nice eye cream:
DS Laboratories - Veterol.AÂae (Viatrozene gel)16%
I use the Viterol-A for eyes and mouth area. It tightens and reduces lines.

HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing that sucks for me is I can't find a site where I can find all the products I'm looking for at one stop. I live in Canada so thats why I'm saying this. Its all about the shipping costs. Example: the coq10 cream at canadadrugsuperstoreB] is what I want but they don't sell any retinol or alpha hyroxy products.

I also want to upgrade my cleanser and moisturizer. Both are dermatologist recommended I believe, Neutrogeana Deep Clean and Olay COmplete all day moisture spf 15

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Haha Pedro!

The hunt is half the fun though isn't it! You never know what you'll find!

Avalon products are sold in many health food stores here in USA, maybe you can find the CoQ10 you like there.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Viterol.A sounds awesome. I'm reading reviews and hearing its better than retinA and hyroxy stuff. I think I'm ready to order this stuff. Anybody know the cheapest way I can get my hands on this stuff? I couldn't seem to find it in any of the listed canadian sites.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Viterol.A sounds awesome. I'm reading reviews and hearing its better than retinA and hyroxy stuff. I think I'm ready to order this stuff. Anybody know the cheapest way I can get my hands on this stuff? I couldn't seem to find it in any of the listed canadian sites.
A good choice! Dermstore.com has it and delivers to CA for $5.95.
If you put it on your "favorites" list you can get a 10% instant discount.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Vit...+Face_6991.htm

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you so much Fawnie, I bookmarked that page and am going to order the Viterol as soon as I have gathered everything I need. I just spent the last little while searching and $12 was the cheapest I found for shipping. This will totally work! This will suit me for the next few years at least before I play around and re-adjust. Viterol and Alpha Hydrox and I'm good to go. Fawnie if I could ask for one more favour. From dermastore could you recommend which alpha hydroxy product you would recommend to go with the Viterol? Thank you again for all the hard work you just saved me some serious amount of time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For now I'm going to keep it simple. I'm going to purchase everything from dermastore.

-viterol
-cetaphil facial moisturizer along with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
I like how it has vitamin E and is dermatologist approved
-last is the alpha hydrox which I'm still in search for

then I'll be ready to let the experimental escapades commence

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What I'm eyeing at the moment is Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 15% by Glycolix Elite

-contains vitamins A, C, E
-coq 10
-green tea
-aha

1.6 oz for $22

1 - 20 of 65 Posts