Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these. I realize theyre probably not as good as going to a derm or est but they must help a little. Also how often do you use them? Once a week, twice? thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really love this one by mary kay but i only use the "step one" I am not a huge fan of the moisturizer that comes with it. it can feel oily on my skin. I use it about twice a week unless im having a break out then ill use it more or add a drop to my daily facewash. Its about $30 and lasts me @ least 4 months.
TimeWiseÂae Microdermabrasion Set

I have also recently loved the new Neutrogena Wave for everyday microderm needs. Its not as rough as the mary kay or a micro but really helps to remove dead skin and make your face OH SO SOFT!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I love Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel. It's a two step process that works great.
Vitamin C/peptide crystals and a lactic/salicylic acid activating gel that warms up your skin. Leaves my skin very clean, smooth and bright. I use it once a week in the summer...depends on your skin. I find that my serums and moisturizers work best after using it.
philosophy microdelivery peel - peptide-vitamin c in-home peel -

Sephora sells it as does a lot of online stores. It really lasts a long time.

Another one I like from Philosophy is the Microdelivery exfoliating wash. I use this daily in the shower.
philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash -

·
Registered
30 Posts
If someone was using the dermaroller{ which I'm going to order} then should I use the dermabrasion kit also? I'm confused.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Same old saw here, but a microfiber cloth is great for exfoliation and honestly gave me as good results as a medspa microdermabrasion. If I were dermarolling I would not use home microdermabrasion until I saw how irritating the dermarolling was to my skin.

The microfiber cloth can be gentle enough to use with dermarolling, but it is very effective and also should not be overused until you see how much pressure and how frequently your skin can take it. I use mine like a chamois for polishing, rather than scrubbing, once a week.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I use the Avon at home dermabrassions, it's helped me alot! No mess, not complicated and NOT TIME CONSUMING + I get pretty good results and I don't spend a fortune!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you get your clarisonic? How much is it? Do you use it once a week, twice? Does is come with any creams or anything? Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
happytimes...I am not mrsro but I have seen Clarsonic at Sephora and on Ebay, hope that helps!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Microfiber Cloth as an alternative to Microdermabrasion Home Kit
Aloha everyone-
The NCN cloth is one of the best skin care items i'm soo glad to have found out about and tried. Talk about seeing an instant result! Wonderful product to give an instant healthy glow.
I bought mine to try -loved it- cut it in half to give my mom.

Next on the list - Need to find out what the stevia mask!

Giving thanks to all of you for the friendly, valued information.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
I use the Reversital Microdermabrasion Stick along with my Clarisonic. Sometimes I use my microfiber cloth. I get best results when I utilize the Reversital along with the Clarisonic. I posted previously about really liking the Reversital Microdermabrasion Stick and the way it makes my skin feel so smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts