Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Im hoping someone can help me here with a long term skin problem Ive had. I have pimples which cover my legs above my knees, my chest and the top of my arms. It started when I was about 13 and has never really changed, Im now 30.

Its never itched or anything, just looks like red goose pimples on my legs and normal goose pimples on my chest (not red).

Can anyone offer advice of what it could be? Ive included a pic of my leg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your correct, oh well at least I know what it is now and can do some reading on it. Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's good to hear, Will. It always helps to know what it is!
I use a loofah that I got cheaply at Walmart and I use Lac-Hydrin (urea and lactic acid lotion) after every shower. This exfoliates the bumps and keeps the skin smooth.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like pilaria. Have you seen a dermatologist? It would probably be worth the visit since you've had this for so long. Even a regular MD could help. If the over-the-counter LacHydrin doesn't help, I'd try an alpha-hydroxy lotion. AHAs are great for dry skin. I use the rx LacHydrin, but it gets stinky on me after about 3 hrs. I have to use it at bedtime & shower it off in the am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts