Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone know what causes this and if there is a way to get rid of dark patches?

I'm not allowed to post links or photos yet but here is a picture:

img46.imageshack.us/img46/786/skin.jpg

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi elwes:

I just checked the image. It appears as though you have a rash or some raised bumps of some kind in the pigmented area. Is that the case or is it just the camera? How you treat this will depend on what the problem truly is. Can you procive a little info like when it began & how long it took? Is it anywhere else or just there? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi elwes:

I just checked the image. It appears as though you have a rash or some raised bumps of some kind in the pigmented area. Is that the case or is it just the camera? How you treat this will depend on what the problem truly is. Can you procive a little info like when it began & how long it took? Is it anywhere else or just there? Thanks!
Hi ondine. Thanks for the reply! I hesitate to say they're raised (they're not quite like goosebumps or anything) because they're actually flat. I've had it for quite a while now-- several years or so. I don't know how long it took.

They're mainly just there on my legs. I have a bit on my arms, but not quite as noticeable.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Before trying to treat this on your own, please see both a GP & a dermatologist. If it is bumpy & raised, it is more than just some melanin. Something else is going on. Please do not let this continue not knowing what it is. Goos luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts